PACK Summer Camp
At Purgatory Adventure Camp for Kids (PACK), children ages 5-13 experience activities that foster their curiosity and creativity, like rock climbing, ropes courses, nature projects, animal tracks, arts & crafts, and more. Call (970) 385-2144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For parents, the best thing about PACK is the flexibility of creating a custom day camp schedule to meet your family’s needs. Choose to enroll your child for any number of days throughout the summer. Bus service from convenient Durango locations and an optional healthy sack lunch from Village Market & Deli make it even easier.
- PACK meets weekdays (Monday – Friday), June 4 through August 17, 2018. (PACK is closed Wednsday, July 4.) See Dropping Off and Picking Up section (below) for times.
- Each week has a different theme designed to keep kids active and engaged. Activities may change based on weather, logistics and the preferences of PACK participants.
- Online registration makes securing your child’s spot and paying for PACK activities easier than ever.
- Call (970) 385-2144 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- View the PACK Parent Policies page.
Dropping Off and Picking Up
- Optional bus service ($5 per day) from Durango begins at 8am at the Transit Center. Parents can pick children up at the Transit Center at 4:05pm. Additional drop off and pick up locations include Pioneer Park and PJ’s Market in Hermosa.
- Children riding the bus arrive at Purgatory Resort at 9am, and depart at 3pm.
- Parents picking up at the mountain must sign out their child(ren) in the Arrival Court in front of Guest Services by 3pm.
How to Register
- Determine how many days you want to register. PACK can be purchased 1 day at a time or in increments of 5, 10 or 20. Days do not have to be used consecutively, and you can purchase your days all at once or at your convenience throughout the summer. NOTE: space is limited, and we encourage early registration to secure your child’s spot! For pricing and available discounts, see below.
- To register for 1 day at a time, click here to purchase your day(s) this summer.
- To enjoy maximum savings and register for 5 or more days at a time, click here to pre-purchase your PACK days in increments of 5, 10 or 20. Once you’ve purchased your days, you will receive an email receipt with a link to your confirmation code. Follow the link, select your preferred days and enter your confirmation code in the shopping cart. NOTE: your child’s spot is not confirmed until you select your preferred dates. To purchase more than 20 days, please call (970) 385-2144.
- All participants must complete the PACK Enrollment Form and the Release of Liability form. If your child carries medication (including Epi-Pens, inhalers, insulin or seizure medications), your child’s physician must complete these forms. If you child is exempt from any immunization please fill out this form.Please email all paperwork to Purgkids@purgatoryresort.com or mail to PACK PO BOX 17000, Durango, CO 81302-8904
2018 PACK Program, Lunch & Bus Fees
|Number of Days
||Price per Day|
|Multi-Day (5+ Days)||$30-$35
|Lunch||$8 (includes tax)
Add to your online purchase
|Bus Transportation per day/per child||$5
Add to your online purchase
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- Space is limited, and reservations are encouraged. Prepayment guarantees your spot.
- Refunds will only be given if a child is injured and unable to participate on an alternative day. An official document from a physician is required for refunds.
- You may reschedule days, but only if there is availability. To confirm a rescheduled date, please call (970) 385-2144.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated if space is available.
- Lightweight warm layer of clothing
- Rain gear or a poncho
- One quart refillable water bottle (Please don’t weigh down the little ones; we will refill water bottles.)
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (Please apply at home in the morning. PACK Team Leaders will assist with reapplication.)
- Sack lunch and plenty of snacks
- Whistle on a lanyard (optional)
PLEASE LABEL ALL PERSONAL ITEMS.
In addition to the bus driver, a staff member supervises and provides entertainment and games on the bus.
Pick Up / Northbound
- 8:00 am. Durango Transit Center 250 W 8th St, Durango, CO
- 8:20 am. Pioneer Park (37th Street and Bennett Street, behind Cottonwood Holistic Family Health Center)
- 8:35 am. PJ’s Market at the Trimble light in Hermosa (West side of parking lot).
- 9:00 am. Purgatory Resort Arrival Court
Drop Off / Southbound
- 3:00 pm. Purgatory Resort Arrival Court
- 3:30 pm. PJ’s Market at the Trimble light in Hermosa (West side of parking lot).
- 3:45 pm. Pioneer Park (37th Street and Bennett Street behind Cottonwood Holistic Family Health Center)
- 4:05 pm. Durango Transit Center 250 W 8th St, Durango, CO