PACK Summer Camp
At Purgatory Adventure Camp for Kids (PACK), children ages 5-13 experience activities that foster their curiosity and creativity, like rock climbing, ropes courses, nature projects, animal tracks, arts & crafts, and more.
For parents, the best thing about PACK is the flexibility of creating a custom day camp schedule to meet your family’s needs. Choose to enroll your child for any number of days throughout the summer. Bus service from convenient Durango locations and an optional healthy sack lunch from Village Market & Deli make it even easier.
- PACK meets weekdays (Monday – Friday), June 6 through August 19, 2016. (PACK is closed Monday, July 4.) See Dropping Off and Picking Up section below for times.
- PACK delivers a program that enriches the lives of kids from all backgrounds with a variety of engaging activities.
- Each week has a different theme designed to keep kids active and engaged.
- Mondays are Team Building Days with scavenger hunts, group games, activities, and more.
- Tuesdays and Fridays are Explorer Days. From exploring the mountain and learning about nature, to utilizing GPS and geocaching.
- Experiment on Wednesdays with science projects, arts & crafts and more.
- Thursdays are Climbing Days, when trained instructors take kids out to rock climb and conquer low ropes courses.
*Please note that activities may change based on weather, logistics and the preferences of PACK participants.
Dropping Off and Picking Up
- Optional bus service from Durango begins at 8am at the Purgatory Resort town office. Parents may drop off children starting at 7:30am. Parents can pick children up at the Purgatory Resort town office at 4:05pm. Additional drop off and pick up locations include Pioneer Park and PJ’s Market in Hermosa.
- Children riding the bus arrive at the Purgatory Resort at 9am, and depart at 3pm.
- Parents dropping off at the mountain must check in their child(ren) at the Main Ticket Office in Village Plaza, or in the Arrival Court in front of Guest Services by 9:10am.
- Parents picking up at the mountain must sign out their child(ren) in the Arrival Court in front of Guest Services at 3pm.
- Summer 2016 PACK Bus Schedule
How to Register
New this summer—Save up to 20%!
Participants in Purgatory’s Jan. – Feb. 2016 Snowburners/ATP programs save 10%. When you purchase a 2016/2017 Power Pass, you also save 10%. If you participated in 2016 Snowburners/ATP and purchased a 2016/2017 Power Pass, you save 20% on PACK.
|Number of Days||Price per Day|
|1- 4 Days||$40|
|5- 19 Days||$35|
|Bus Transportation per day/per child||$5|
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- Space is limited, and reservations are encouraged. To guarantee your spot, payment must be received. Payment installment options are available for families who reserve 20+ days.
- Staffing is based on registration numbers; therefore, refunds will only be given if a child is injured and unable to participate on an alternative day. An official document from a physician is required for refunds.
- You may reschedule days, but only if there is availability.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated if space is available.
- Lightweight warm layer of clothing
- Rain gear or a poncho
- One quart refillable water bottle (Please don’t weigh down the little ones; we will refill water bottles.)
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (Please apply at home in the morning. PACK Team Leaders will assist with reapplication.)
- Sack lunch and plenty of of snacks
Purgatory’s Village Market & Deli offers a healthy bagged lunch at the resort for $7, including tax. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 385-2116 and ask for Amanda.
- Whistle on a lanyard (optional)
PLEASE LABEL ALL PERSONAL ITEMS.