PACK Summer Camp
At Purgatory Adventure Camp for Kids (PACK), children ages 5-13 experience activities that foster their curiosity and creativity, like rock climbing, ropes courses, nature projects, animal tracks, arts & crafts, and more.
For parents, the best thing about PACK is the flexibility of creating a custom day camp schedule to meet your family’s needs. Choose to enroll your child for any number of days throughout the summer. Bus service from convenient Durango locations and an optional healthy sack lunch from Village Market & Deli make it even easier.
2017 Program Information
- PACK meets weekdays (Monday – Friday), June 5 through August 18, 2017. (PACK is closed Tuesday, July 4.) See Dropping Off and Picking Up section (below) for times.
- PACK delivers a program that enriches the lives of kids from all backgrounds with a variety of engaging activities.
- Each week has a different theme designed to keep kids active and engaged. Activities may change based on weather, logistics and the preferences of PACK participants.
Dropping Off and Picking Up
- Optional bus service from Durango begins at 8am at the Transit Center. Parents can pick children up at the Transit Center at 4:05pm. Additional drop off and pick up locations include Pioneer Park and PJ’s Market in Hermosa.
- Children riding the bus arrive at Purgatory Resort at 9am, and depart at 3pm.
- Parents picking up at the mountain must sign out their child(ren) in the Arrival Court in front of Guest Services by 3pm.
Online Registration Coming Soon
Register online early to confirm your child’s spot in Summer 2017 PACK.
How to Register
2017 PACK Program, Lunch & Bus Fees
|Number of Days
||Price per Day|
|1- 4 Days||$40|
|5- 19 Days||$35|
|Lunch||$8 (includes tax)|
|Bus Transportation per day/per child||$5|
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- Space is limited, and reservations are encouraged. To guarantee your spot, payment must be received at time of purchase.
- Staffing is based on registration numbers; therefore, refunds will only be given if a child is injured and unable to participate on an alternative day. An official document from a physician is required for refunds.
- You may reschedule days, but only if there is availability.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated if space is available.
- Lightweight warm layer of clothing
- Rain gear or a poncho
- One quart refillable water bottle (Please don’t weigh down the little ones; we will refill water bottles.)
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (Please apply at home in the morning. PACK Team Leaders will assist with reapplication.)
- Sack lunch and plenty of snacks
- Whistle on a lanyard (optional)
PLEASE LABEL ALL PERSONAL ITEMS.