We’re sorry. Registration for Snowburners is closed for the season.
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners meets once a week for 8 weeks, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2016. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
New This Season:
Saturday and Sunday morning classes for 3 year olds.
50% off of morning and afternoon half day group lessons for parents and guardians of Snowburners students. Session dates: January 30 & 31 and February 27 & 28. To make your reservation, call Purgatory Snowsports School at (970) 385-2149.
Registration Fee: $296
Registration ends December 1st.
How to Register
|Morning Session||9:00am – Noon (3 year olds attend morning sessions only)|
|Afternoon Session||1:00pm – 4:00pm|
|January 14, 21, 28|
February 4, 11, 18, 25
|January 9, 16, 23, 30|
February 6, 20, 27
|January 10, 17, 24, 31|
February 7, 21, 28
(Click here to view as a PDF)
- All Participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has a season pass or lift ticket on their person before dropping them off. For season pass information, including the Cub Lift Pass for kids under 6 and other student pass specials, call the Purgatory Ticket Office at (970) 385-2168.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- No Saturday or Sunday classes on President’s Day weekend, February 13 & 14. Thursday class runs for 8 consecutive weeks with no break on President’s Day weekend.
- NO changing classes after the second week.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- Saturday and Sunday classes meet in the Columbine area located at the entrance of the resort, in front of the yurt.
- Thursday classes meet at the base of Twilight chair lift (Lift 4), directly across from the rental shop exit on the second floor of Village Center.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early on the first day, and accompany your child to the check in area in front of the yurt. Morning session arrive at 8:30am.
- Afternoon session arrive at 12:30pm. Do not put your children in their equipment during check in.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
All students must submit a Release of Liability and an Emergency Contact form signed by a parent or guardian at check in on the first day in order to participate in the program. These forms will also be available at the check in desk.
Requests made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund; within 14 days a 50% refund; on or after the first class, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Purgatory Snowsports School Reservation Desk or by calling (970) 385-2149.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: hat, eye protection, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- 75¢ for hot cocoa