Last updated: February 26, 2021
Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School offers expert instruction at every level, on every terrain, while helping guests reach their ski and ride goals.
Sold Out Lessons
Kids AM Ski: March 7-10, 14-19, 21 & 22 | Kids PM Ski: March 14-16
Kids AM Board: March 1, 6-11, 14-18 & 23 | Kids PM Board: March 6-8, 10, 11, 15-18 & 22
Adult AM Ski: March 8, 9, 15, 22 & 23 | Adult PM Ski: March 8
Adult AM Board: March 4, 5, 9 & 16 | Adult PM Board: March 8
*Group lesson cancellations will become available on the website automatically if there is space. The best way to get a last minute lesson is to check back periodically.
Adult/Teen/Kid Group Lessons
Beginner and Intermediate skill levels (Levels 1-6) are welcome in our group lessons. Guests are matched with other guests of a similar ability level, with class sizes of no more than 5.
Not sure what your ability level is? Click here to find out!
Reservations are required. Due to limited availability, we recommend reserving your lessons as far in advance as possible.
2020/2021 Adult, Teen & Kids Group Lesson Rates
Group lessons do not include lift tickets or rentals.
|2.5 Hour Session||9:30am-12pm||$95|
|2.5 Hour Session||1pm-3:30pm||$95|
*2.5 hours lesson includes 15 minutes of organization.
Group Lessons for 4 and 5 year old children are not available for the 2020/2021 season due to COVID-19 operations. No exceptions. Please refer to our Private Lesson options and pricing.
Advanced lessons (levels 7-9) and those looking to focus on specific skills, please refer to our Private Lesson options and pricing.
Looking for a more individual, private experience for you or your friends and family? Check out our Private Lesson options!
Group Lessons Information
- On snowy days, please allow adequate time to get to the resort ahead of your scheduled lesson. We recommend leaving Durango 1-1.5 hours ahead of lesson on days where road conditions are not clear. Check the Snow Report for updated road conditions before heading to the resort.
- All group lesson participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Lift tickets and equipment rentals are not included with Group Lesson purchase.
- Availability is limited. Advanced reservations and payment required. Reservations can be made up until 2pm the day prior to your desired lesson time.
- Adult/Teen Group Lessons are for guests ages 13 and up.
- Maximum group size is 5 participants.
- Helmets are required for students ages 12 and under, and strongly recommended for everyone.
- Gratuities for Instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture.
All levels meet in the Columbine Beginner Area.
A member of guest services will direct you toward the meetup location. Look for the Ski School signs.
If you are unable to make your morning lesson and would like to move to the afternoon, please swing by the Ski & Snowboard School desk (located in the Village Center building) or forward email confirmation to email@example.com with a brief explanation of the reason for rescheduling.
Within 48 hours of the lesson purchase, you are eligible for a 100% refund paid to the payment device used to purchase your lesson. Lessons are not refundable or transferable on the date valid. Cancellations and refunds must be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.