Traditional 8-Week January–March Program
Registration for the 2017/2018 season opens September 12th.
Email Purgatory Snowsports School with any questions about this program.
Registration Fee: Saturday Morning $330, All other sessions $315
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 8-Week meets once a week for 8 weeks, January–March, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2018. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
New This Season:
- Season long rentals are now available as add-ons for Snowburners participants. A discounted rate of $100 will include skis/snowboards, boots, and poles. A mid season tune up is included with seasonal rentals. Season long rentals will be available for pick up at Purgatory Sports (2615 Main Ave.) 10/16/17!
- Children ages 3-7 ski and snowboard for FREE at Purgatory with a free 7 and Younger Lift Ticket. You may also purchase a 7 and Younger Convenience Pass for $29.
- Hot cocoa is FREE (limit one per participant, per class).
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online – no extra trip to the office is required
- Bring your child to the mountain on select dates to be assessed prior to his or her first day so we can begin the teaching (and the fun!) right away. We will email you the schedule.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 12th, and end December 1st. Please contact Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School at 970-385-2168 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our program.
Program Dates & Times
|Morning Session||Ages 3-5 9:00am – 12:00pm
Ages 6-12 8:45am – 11:45am
|Afternoon Session||Ages 3-5 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Ages 6-12 12:45pm – 3:45pm
|January 8, 15, 22, 20
February 5, 12, 26
|January 11, 18, 25
February 1, 8, 15, 22
|January 13, 20, 27
February 3, 10, 24
March 3, 10
|January 14, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
March 4, 11
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass, lift ticket or 7 and Younger Convenience Pass before dropping him/her off. Contact the Purgatory Ticket Office (970) 385-2149 for information about season pass prices and student pass specials.
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Please contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order for us to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- It is very important that beginners attend every session.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant will be late, please contact the instructor via their cell phone to arrange where to meet the class.
- Ages 3-5 meet in Base Area between Chair 1 (Purgatory Village Express) and Chair 4 (Twilight).
- Ages 6-12 meet in Columbine in front of the Yurt.
- On the first day, accompany your child to their respective meeting spots starting at 8am for morning sessions and Noon for afternoon sessions. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- No classes will be held on Presidents Day Weekend February 17th-19th.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests to cancel your child’s class that are made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund. Requests made within 14 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive a refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Ski and Snowboard School Reservation Desk or by calling (970) 385-2149.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (limit one per participant, per class).