2019 January-March (8 Week) Program
Registration Fee: Saturday Morning $348, Sunday Morning $332, All Other Sessions $316
For more information, email Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School.
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 8-Week meets once a week for 8 weeks, January–March, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2019. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
- NEW! 6-12 year old Monday Snowburners class is now available!
- Add on season-long rentals with your Snowburners purchase for $100! Includes skis/snowboards, boots, poles and a mid-season tune up. Available for pick-up at Purgatory Sports (2615 Main Ave.) on 10/15/18.
- Hot cocoa is FREE (limit one per participant, per class).
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online – no extra trip to the office is required.
- Your child will be assessed at the beginning of the season and again at the half-way point. He or she may be reassigned to another group and instructor depending on his or her skills progression.
- Drop-off will begin earlier at 8:30AM for 3-5 year olds and 6-12 year olds at both Columbine and the Base Area.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 14, 2018, and end December 1, 2018. Please contact Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about our program
If your child is 10 or younger, be sure to add their FREE Power Kids season pass during checkout! Learn more.
Program Dates & Times
|Day Of The Week||Ages||Sessions Offered||2019 Dates|
|Monday Classes||3-12||Morning Session & Afternoon Session||January 7, 14, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
|Thursday Class||3-5||Morning Session||January 10, 17, 24, 31
February 7, 14, 21, 28
|Friday Class||3-5||Afternoon Session||January 11, 18, 25
February 1, 8, 15, 22,
|Saturday Classes||3-12||Morning Session & Afternoon Session||January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 23
|Sunday Classes||3-12||Morning Session & Afternoon Session||January 6, 13, 20, 27
February 3, 10, 24
3-5 Years Old
Drop Off: 8:30AM-9:00AM
Morning Session: 9:00AM-12:00PM
Afternoon Session: 1:00PM-4:00PM
6-12 Years Old
Drop Off: 8:30AM-8:45AM
Morning Session: 8:45AM-11:45PM
Afternoon Session: 12:45PM-3:45PM
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass or lift ticket.
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Please contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order for us to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- It is very important that beginners attend every session.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant will be late, please contact the instructor via their cell phone to arrange where to meet the class.
- Ages 3-5 meet in Base Area between Chair 1 (Purgatory Village Express) and Chair 4 (Twilight).
- Ages 6-12 meet in Columbine in front of the Yurt.
- On the first day, accompany your child to their respective meeting spots starting at 8am for morning sessions and Noon for afternoon sessions. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- No classes will be held on Presidents Day Weekend February 16th-18th.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests to cancel your child’s class that are made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund. Requests made within 14 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive a refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Ski and Snowboard School Reservation Desk or by emailing Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (limit one per participant, per class).