December 3-Week Program
Email Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School with any questions about this program.
Registration Fee: $150 full day • $120 half day
Purgatory Snowsports School introduces Snowburners 3-Week—a 3-week Snowburners session in December for families who want to jump-start the ski season or add on to the traditional Snowburners 8-Week January-March program. Learn more about our Snowburners 8-Week program.
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 3-Week meets once a week for 3 weeks in December, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2018. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
New This Season
- Season long rentals are now available as add-ons for Snowburners participants. A discounted rate of $100 will include skis/snowboards, boots, and poles. A mid season tune up is included with seasonal rentals. Season long rentals will be available for pick up at Purgatory Sports (2615 Main Ave.) 10/16/17!
- Children ages 3-7 ski and snowboard for FREE at Purgatory with a free 7 and Younger Lift Ticket. You may also purchase a 7 and Younger Convenience Pass for $29.
- Hot cocoa is FREE (limit one per participant, per class).
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online – no extra trip to the office is required
- Bring your child to the mountain on select dates to be assessed prior to his or her first day so we can begin the teaching (and the fun!) right away. We will email you the schedule.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 12th, and end December 1st. Please contact Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School at 970-385-2168 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our program.
Program Dates & Times
||December 9th, 16th, and 23rd|
|Saturday Morning Session||9:00am – Noon|
|Saturday Afternoon Session||1:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Saturday Full Day Session||9:00am – 4:00pm|
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass, lift ticket or 7 and Younger Convenience Pass before dropping him/her off. Contact the Purgatory Ticket Office (970) 385-2149 for information about season pass prices and student pass specials.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be potty trained and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- It is very important that beginners attend every session.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant will be late, please contact the instructor via their cell phone to arrange where to meet the class.
- On the first day, December 2, accompany your child to Check In in the base between Chair 1 (Purgatory Village Express) and Chair 4 (Twilight) at 8:30am for morning and full-day sessions, and 12:30pm for the afternoon session. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gator, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (limit one per participant, per class).
- December Full Day Snowburners must bring a sack lunch, a Mountain Card (available at the Ticket Office) or lunch money.