Snowburners 3-Week 2016/2017
All-New 3-Week December Program
Online reservations start September 6 • Reserve your child’s spot by December 1
Registration Fee: $150 full day • $117 half day
Purgatory Snowsports School introduces Snowburners 3-Week—a 3-week Snowburners session in December for families who want to jump-start the ski season or add on to the traditional Snowburners 8-Week January-March program. Learn more about our Snowburners 8-Week program.
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 3-Week meets once a week for 3 weeks in December, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2017. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 6, and end December 1. After reserving your child’s spot online, complete your registration paperwork at Check In on the first day of your session, Saturday, December 3. Please email email@example.com or call (970) 385-2149 with any questions.
Program Dates & Times
||December 3, 10, 17|
|Saturday Morning Session||9:00am – Noon (3 year olds must attend the morning session)|
|Saturday Afternoon Session||1:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Saturday Full Day Session||9:00am – 4:00pm|
- All Participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Make sure your child has a season pass or lift ticket on their person before dropping them off. For season pass information, including the Cub Lift Pass for kids under 6 and other student pass specials, call the Purgatory Ticket Office at (970) 385-2168.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be potty trained and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- On the first day, December 3, accompany your child to Check In in the base area near the big trail map sign at 8:30am for morning and full-day sessions, and 12:30pm for the afternoon session. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- All classes meet in the base area near the big trail map sign.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
All students must submit a Release of Liability and an Emergency Contact form signed by a parent or guardian at Check In on the first day in order to participate in the program. These forms will be available at Check In.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gator, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available during breaks for $1.
- Full day students must bring lunch, money or a mountain card to purchase lunch. Mountain cards may be purchased at the Ticket Office.