Snowburners 3-Week 2018/2019
2018 December (3 Week) Program
Online reservations are now open • Reserve your child’s spot by December 1
Registration Fee: $150 full day • $120 half day
Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School offers a 3-week Snowburners session in December for families who want to jump-start the ski season or add on to the traditional Snowburners 8-Week January-March program. Learn more about our Snowburners 8-Week program.
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 3-Week meets once a week for 3 weeks in December, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2019. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
- Add on season-long rentals with your Snowburners purchase for $100! Includes skis/snowboards, boots, poles and a mid-season tune up. Available for pick-up at Purgatory Sports (2615 Main Ave.) on 10/15/18.
- Hot cocoa is FREE (limit one per participant, per class).
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online – no extra trip to the office is required.
- Your child will be assessed at the beginning of the season and again at the half-way point. He or she may be reassigned to another group and instructor depending on his or her skills progression.
- Drop-off will begin earlier at 8:30AM for 3-5 year olds and 6-12 year olds at both Columbine and the Base Area.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 13th, and end December 1st. Please contact Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about our program.
- If your child is in 4th grade or younger, be sure to add their FREE season pass during checkout! Learn more.
Program Dates & Times
||December 1, 8, 15|
|Saturday Morning Session||9:00am – Noon (3 year olds must attend the morning session)|
|Saturday Afternoon Session||1:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Saturday Full Day Session||9:00am – 4:00pm|
- All Participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Make sure your child has a season pass or lift ticket.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your Purgatory Sports rental shop if you have questions about equipment and season long rentals.
- All young children must be potty trained and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- It is very important that beginners attend every session.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant will be late, please contact the instructor via their cell phone to arrange where to meet the class.
- On the first day, December 1, accompany your child to Check In in the base between Chair 1 (Purgatory Village Express) and Chair 4 (Twilight) at 8:30am for morning and full-day sessions, and 12:30pm for the afternoon session. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (limit one per participant, per class).
- December Full Day Snowburners must bring a sack lunch, a Mountain Card (available at the Ticket Office) or lunch money.