Snowburners 8-Week 2016/2017
Traditional 8-Week January–March Program
Online reservations start September 6 • Reserve your child’s spot by December 1
Registration Fee: $312
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 3-12 and excited to learn new skills and techniques, Purgatory’s Snowburners program is their gateway to mastering new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding.
Snowburners 8-Week meets once a week for 8 weeks, January–March, in either morning or afternoon sessions. Students must be of age by January 1, 2017. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
New This Season:
Monday morning classes for 3 year olds, and Monday morning and afternoon classes for 4 & 5 year olds.
Purgatory Snowsports School introduces Snowburners 3-Week—a 3-week Snowburners session in December for families who want to jump-start the ski season or add on to the traditional Snowburners 8-Week January-March program. Learn more about our Snowburners 3-Week program.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 6, and end December 1. After reserving your child’s spot online, complete your registration paperwork in person January 4th & 5th at Purgatory’s Bodo office, and get a Priority Check In pass for the first day of your session. Or, complete your registration paperwork at Check In on the first day of your session. Registration paperwork will only be processed in advance at the Bodo office on January 4th and 5th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 385-2149 with any questions.
Program Dates & Times
|Morning Session||9:00am – Noon (3 year olds must attend a morning session)|
|Afternoon Session||1:00pm – 4:00pm|
|January 9, 16, 23, 30
February 6, 13, 27
|January 12,19, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
|January 7, 14, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
|January 8, 15, 22, 29
February 5, 12, 26
- All Participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Make sure your child has a season pass or lift ticket on their person before dropping them off. For season pass information, including the Cub Lift Pass for kids under 6 and other student pass specials, call the Purgatory Ticket Office at (970) 385-2168.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be potty trained and willing to participate.
- No Saturday, Sunday or Monday classes on President’s Day weekend, February 18-20, 2017. Thursday class runs for 8 consecutive weeks with no break on President’s Day weekend.
- NO changing classes after the second week.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- On the first day, accompany your child to Check In starting at 8am for morning sessions and Noon for afternoon sessions. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- Saturday and Sunday classes meet in the Columbine area located at the entrance of the resort.
- Monday and Thursday classes meet in the base area near the big trail map sign.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.
All students must submit a Release of Liability and an Emergency Contact form signed by a parent or guardian at check in on the first day in order to participate in the program. These forms will also be available at Check In.
Requests made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund; within 14 days a 50% refund; on or after the first class, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at Purgatory Snowsports School or by calling (970) 385-2149.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- It is very important for all beginners to attend every class.
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gator, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available during breaks for $1.