All Terrain Pioneers
Registration is closed for the 2016/2017 season.
Email Purgatory Snowsports School with any questions about this program.
Registration Fee: $412
If your young skier or snowboarder is age 6-17 and can easily link turns with speed control on green runs, Purgatory’s All Terrain Pioneers program is their gateway to mastering more challenging terrain.
ATP gives intermediate and advanced skiers and riders instruction and experience with bumps, trees, racing, terrain park, and the half pipe.
These full day classes meet once a week for 8 weeks, January–March. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
New This Season
Children who are at least 6 years old as of January 1, 2017, and proficient on green terrain can participate in ATP this season.
How to Register
Registration is closed for the 2016/2017 season. After reserving your child’s spot online, complete your registration paperwork in person January 4th & 5th at Purgatory’s downtown office, and get a Priority Check In pass for the first day of your session. Or, complete your registration paperwork at Check In on the first day of your session. Registration paperwork will only be processed at the Bodo office on January 4th and 5th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 385-2149 with any questions.
9am – 4pm
|January 7, 14, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
9am – 4pm
|January 8, 15, 22, 29
February 5, 12, 26
- All Participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Make sure your child has a season pass or lift ticket on their person before dropping them off. For season pass information, including 4th, 5th and 6th grade student pass specials, call the Purgatory Ticket Office at (970) 385-2168.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Riders wear snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- No classes either session President’s Day weekend, February 18 & 19, 2017.
- NO changing classes after the second week.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- On the first day, accompany your child to Check In between Lifts 7 and 9 in the Columbine area starting at 8am. Do not put your children in their skis or snowboard equipment during check in. Boots are okay.
- All sessions meet in the Columbine area located at the entrance of the resort.
All students must submit a Release of Liability and an Emergency Contact form signed by a parent or guardian at check in on the first day in order to participate in the program. These forms will also be available at Check In.
Requests made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund; within 14 days a 50% refund; on or after the first class, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at Purgatory Snowsports School or by calling (970) 385-2149.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- If the participant will be late, contact your instructor or wait at the bottom of Purgatory Village Express (Lift 1).
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: eye protection, only one pair of socks, snow pants, mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Please apply sunscreen and take your child to the restroom prior to class.
- A sack lunch, Mountain Card or lunch money. Mountain Cards can be purchased at the Main Ticket Office or Bodo Office.
- Hot cocoa will be available during breaks for $1.00.