All Terrain Pioneers 2019
2019 All Terrain Pioneers Program
Email Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School with any questions about this program.
Registration Fee: $416
ATP is an 8 week program for participants ages 6-17. It is designed for green to black ability level skiers and snowboarders. This means that participants must, at a minimum, be able to easily link turns with speed control on green runs and be able to ski or snowboard all day.
ATP gives intermediate and advanced skiers and riders instruction and experience with bumps, trees, racing, terrain park, and the half pipe.
These full day classes meet once a week for 8 weeks, January–March. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first served.
- Hot cocoa is FREE (limit one per participant, per class).
- We’ve gone paperless! All paperwork is done online – no extra trip to the office is required.
- Your child will be assessed at the beginning of the season and again at the half-way point. He or she may be reassigned to another group and instructor depending on his or her skills progression.
- Drop-off will begin earlier at 8:30AM for 3-5 year olds and 6-12 year olds at both Columbine and the Base Area.
How to Register
Online reservations start September 13th, and end December 1st. Please contact Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our program.
- If your child is in 4th grade or younger, be sure to add their FREE season pass during checkout! Learn more.
8:45am – 3:45pm
|January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 23
8:45am – 3:45pm
|January 6, 13, 20, 27
February 3, 10, 24
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass or lift ticket.
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots. Please contact your local rental shop if you have questions about equipment.
- There will be no classes held over President’s Day weekend, February 16-18, 2019.
- There will be no changing classes after the second week.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order to form a class.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- If the participant is going to be late please contact your instructor via cell phone or wait at the bottom of Purgatory Village Express (Lift #1) for the class.
- All sessions meet in the Columbine area located at the entrance of the resort. Classes begin promptly at 8:45am and end at 3:45pm.
- On the first day of the eight week session, accompany your child to the check-in area located between Lift 7 and 9 in the Columbine area. Check in begins at 8am.
- Please do not put your children in their skis or snowboard (boots o.k.) when waiting in line to check-in on the first day.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process this season. If for some reason you do not register online, parents must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests made at least 14 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund; within 14 days a 50% refund; on or after the first class, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at Purgatory Snowsports School or by emailing email@example.com
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- If the participant will be late, contact your instructor or wait at the bottom of Purgatory Village Express (Lift 1).
What Your Child Needs to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gator, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (limit one per participant, per class).
- A sack lunch, Mountain Card or lunch money. Mountain Cards can be purchased at the Main Ticket Office or Purgatory Sports (2615 Main Ave.) location.