Kids Lift Safety
Chairlift Safety Tips
According to our friends at the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) and Colorado Ski Country USA (CSCUSA), using and riding chairlifts in a responsible manner is one of the primary safety considerations for all skiers and snowboarders. It’s YOUR Responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely. Here are some tips:
- Need assistance? Ask the lift attendant for help.
- Remove & carry packs. Children in packs are not allowed on chairlifts at Purgatory Resort.
- Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading.
- It is OK to miss a chair and wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for the approaching chair and then sit to the back once seated!
- Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
- Absolutely NO horseplay on the lifts!