Never been skiing or snowboarding? Take advantage of our FREE full-day lessons for first-timers program! Your first lessons is FREE with the purchase of a full-price lift ticket.
What happens in your First Lesson?
1. Get to Purgatory Resort:
- We have plenty of free parking!
- Once in the village follow the base area signs to Lessons/Rentals
- Get your equipment and tickets (plan on this taking 30 minutes to 1 hour)
2. Check-in for your new favorite sport:
- Check-in starts at 9:30, we’ll tell you where the lessons meet when you get here
- 10 am to noon, enjoy two hours of getting familiar with your chosen activity
- Take a lunch break from noon to 1 pm (ages 4-12 eat with their instructor; a teen lunch option is available)
- Celebrate your first run at our Columbine Beginner Area and solidify those skills for two more hours from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Wrap up your lesson at 3 pm
- Head out on your own for another hour of shredding before the lifts close
How to Register
- Head over to our e-store
- Select the day you want to take your lesson
- Enter guest information
- Select “1 Day Ticket + FREE Lesson“
- Choose your new sport and add an equipment rental to your reservation if needed
- Complete your transaction
This product is redeemable once— if additional days are selected the item will not appear.
FAQs about the Free Lesson
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Check out current lift ticket prices here and rental prices here. This deep deal is non-transferable and may not be combined with other specials, including discounted lift tickets and Power Kids season passes.
Q: Do I have to participate in the whole lesson?
A: This promotion is only valid for a full day lesson. We find it takes most participants at least one full day of lessons to learn basic skills and gain confidence skiing or snowboarding. Younger students love snowsports but learning the skills usually happens at a slower rate. Consider additional days of group or private lessons to get them up on the mountain with the family!
Q: Can I combine this with other Purgator products or services?
A: This deal may not be combined with other specials, including discounted lift tickets and Power Kids season passes.
Want more skiing with the family?
Kids 10 and younger are Power Kids at Purgatory, which means they get a FREE season pass that’s valid every day at Purgatory, Hesperus, Arizona Snowbowl, Brian Head, Pajarito, Sipapu and Nordic Valley. It’s totally free — no purchase required, no strings attached! Learn more.
Book additional group lessons online or call 970-385-2149 to set up private lessons! Multiple days of lessons are highly recommended for kids and adults to get cruising on the mountain and enjoying your new favorite activity!
After booking your free lesson, make sure to watch this Welcome to Purgatory video. For more information about Purgatory Ski & Snowboard School, call 970-385-2149 email email@example.com or take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.