Purgatory Grand Prix Pro GRT | Pro XCT – CANCELED
Purgatory Grand Prix | Pro GRT | Pro XCT – Canceled
Purgatory Resort announced today the cancelation of the Grand Prix | Pro GRT presented by Troy Lee Designs. The inaugural event was scheduled for August 30-September 2, 2018. Purgatory Mountain Bike Director Hogan Koesis said that the 416 Fire (which started 10 miles north of Durango on June 1, 2018 and burned over 50,000 acres) played a direct role in the race’s cancelation by delaying race course trail construction. Koesis said that all registered participants will receive a full refund and he is hopeful to bring this race series back to Purgatory in the future.
Presented by: Troy Lee Designs
The Pro GRT series makes its inaugural stop at Purgatory Resort in Durango over Labor Day weekend! Purgatory Resort, known for its deep downhill roots, held the first UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in 1990. We couldn’t be more excited to be included in the Pro GRT race series and look forward to an amazing event!
- UCI Elite Men / UCI Elite Women
- Semi Pro Men (Pro-Non UCI) / Semi Pro Women (Pro-Non UCI)
- Cat 1 Open Men / Cat 1 Open Women
- Cat 2 Open Men /
- Cat 3 Open Men
- Cat 2/3 Open Women
- Junior Men 15-18
- Junior Men U 14
- Masters Men 40+
- Masters Men 50+
- Collegiate A
- Collegiate B
- Open Men Single Crown Category (This race/category is not covered by USAC event permit!) / Open Women Single Crown Category (This race/category is not covered by USAC event permit!)
View the Technical Guide for a detailed list of the Downhill, XC, and STXC schedule.
Just 25 miles north of Durango, Purgatory Resort is a scenic drive from most major cities in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.
You can also fly into one of the regional airports:
- Purgatory is located 50 minutes (41 miles) from the Durango Regional Airport.
- Purgatory is located 2 hours (82 miles) from the Montrose Regional Airport.
- Purgatory is located 4 hours (244 miles) from the Albuquerque International Airport.
- Purgatory is located 7 hours (386 miles) from the Denver International Airport.
Purgatory Resort is located in the rugged San Juan Mountains in southwestern Colorado, and 25 miles north of historic downtown Durango. Whether you’re looking for an affordable slopeside studio or luxury penthouse accommodations, Purgatory Resort has a variety of lodging options. Contact (800)-525-0892 for lodging rates.
Purgatory offers free camping located in the Columbine parking lots to accommodate racers and spectators. Non-potable water and port-a-potties will be set up at these camping venues. For more information contact [email protected].
Extend the festivities by staying the night! For a 20% discount on lodging, call our Reservations Specialists at (800) 525-0892.