Position Title:Zipline Guide/Attendant
Reports To:Lift Operations Supervisor
Summary of Duties:
Zip Line Guides are responsible for providing guests with a safe, exciting and enjoyable experience at Purgatory and on the Purgatory Plunge. Must be proficient in and be able to safely teach guests to get in and out of zip line gear and guide them on the lines. Guides must be able to maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment. You must have excellent guest service, communication and team work skills. You must be at least 18 years old. You must be able to work fulltime. You must be extremely safety oriented. You must also be comfortable and safe working at heights of up to 100 feet.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sequential, progressive, and effective skills instruction to guests as outlined by the training, supervisor, and manager.
- Before usage, check zip line equipment, cables, anchors, ropes, etc. and report all repairs or issues to supervisor or manager.
- Perform any pre or post-trip task assigned by the supervisor or manager including but not limited to, clean-up, inspection and maintenance of equipment used on a trip.
- Actively interpret the environment/changing weather conditions, guest experience/needs, and continuously monitor for safety issues.
- Daily check-in and coordination with supervisor or manager.
- Be accountable for all equipment assigned to you and the participants and to see that each participant is adequately and safely outfitted.
- Attend department/company trainings and debriefings.
- Complete or oversee all necessary paperwork for completion of daily operations.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the staff and participants on all trips.
- Adhere to Purgatory’s corporate and departmental employment and safety procedures.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment and embrace all of nature’s elements.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Be reliable, flexible and innovative.
- Excel at working in a team environment.
- Be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain a clean and organized work and living space as well as personal appearance.
- Adhere to trip safety and operational rules/guidelines.
Certifications & Skills Proficiency:
Must complete Purgatory’s zip line training course and pass any and all written and/or physical exams. You will be required to prove that you possess the following skills:
- Personal climbing experience & skills.
- Ability to belay and rappel without guidance.
- Ability to assess and appropriately manage hazards at site.
- Ability to manage ropes and hardware used in technical, commercial work situations.
- Knowledge of basic knots.
General Outdoor Skills Needed:
- Knowledge of Purgatory’s amenities and services, and that of the surrounding area.
- Familiarity with southern San Juan mountain weather patterns and the ability to observe changing conditions.
- Experience teaching and managing guests in an outdoor and possibly frightening setting while maintaining professionalism and customer service.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. singly and 50-100 lbs. with a team.
- Work in an outdoor rugged environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, you will get wet and dirty.
- Must be able to climb and descend 96 stairs at a time, multiple times a day.
- Must be able to keep composure and remain mentally focused after long hours of work.
- Work in a stunningly beautiful outdoor environment, with nature and wildlife.
- Exposed to any number of elements that exist in an outdoor environment.
- Work in tight quarters with a small team, continuously.