Winter Lift Attendant
Position Title:Winter Lift Attendant
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
Maintain orderly and safe passenger traffic conditions; advise and assist passengers for loading and unloading procedures as required; maintain surveillance of assigned area and ensure all guests riding Purgatory ski lifts have a valid ticket or season pass for each ride while maintaining excellent guest relations at all times.
- Ensure proper and safe loading and unloading of guests, using excellent guest service skills at all times.
- Maintain excellent entry, loading/unloading ramps, and maze areas at all times. Remove snow at all areas of station.
- Be familiar with proper procedures for lift start-up, shut-down of lift, safety checks, auxiliary operations, lift troubleshooting and completion of daily logs.
- Use proper procedures for pre-operational safety checks, relaying all information regarding daily lift logs to drive terminal, and inform drive terminal of any unusual situations.
- Be completely knowledgeable in all Lift Department procedures and policies. Understand lift, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems and be familiar with location of all major components. Pass lift operations tests.
- Be aware of sounds, temperature and alignment of machinery.
- Advise operator of any unusual or improper occurrences regarding lift operations.
- Operate machinery in a safe and responsible manner, to avoid damage to the company property and to the environment. Be aware of the safety of people working around machines at all times.
- Accurately complete lift incident reports. Communicate between stations on assigned lift as needed. Notify Foreman/Manager of incidents immediately.
- Know and use proper telephone and radio procedures.
- Scan and verify all lift tickets/passes, ensuring they are valid with the correct code and date, inform supervisor of any invalid passes and be knowledgeable of all types of tickets.
- Assist all skiers and snowboarders with current mountain information and keeping all information signs current and accurate.
- Assist Ski School, ASA and race clubs while in line, working them into the line quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain smooth and well-groomed mazes at all times by adding or removing snow as needed.
- Know signage according to CPTSB Rules and Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communications skills, basic machinery operation skills. Must be able to ski/snowboard intermediate runs (dependent upon which lift stations assigned).
Alertness, speaking, reading and writing (English) ability, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, judgment and patience are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: No experience required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Ski lift machinery, ski/snowboard equipment (dependent upon which lift stations assigned to), hand tools and ticket scanning equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions including but not limited to: cold, heat, snow, wet, lightning and thunderstorms. 90% of the workday is spent standing. Constantly lifting, pushing and pulling objects, weighing up to 100 pounds. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate lifts. Constantly handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision.
10% of the time noise levels reach 75 – 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards. Occasional exposure to electrical, high exposed worksite, burns, and radiant energy.Apply Now