Wedding Sales and Fulfillment Manager
Position Title:Wedding Sales and Fulfillment Manager
Reports To:Director of Sales
This position is responsible for the sales and management of all Wedding Events at Purgatory Resort. Position requires lead generation/capture, site tours, development of quotes, contracting, booking, contract management, collection of payments and event fulfillment for Purgatory weddings and associated events. The Wedding Sales and Fulfillment Manager (WSFM) serves as the primary sales agent and fulfillment manager for brides and their families looking to plan events at Purgatory.
The WSFM works closely with the Sales team to respond to inquiries, build quotes per banquet event pricing and lodging rates, confirm space rentals, take advantage of upsell opportunities, and fulfill event details. The WSFM is responsible for conveying the ambiance of the resort and what the venues will look and feel like for the events. The ability to up-sell F&B, lodging blocks and other resort offerings is critical.
The WSFM works closely with the Lodging team that manages units at Purgatory Resort. The WSFM contracts group blocks and works closely with the Reservation Center to provide current availability and pricing. The WSFM is also responsible for creating an Event Order that communicates group needs with all key resort departments including F&B, transportation and guest services.
In order to create inquiries, the WSFM is also responsible for attending wedding expos and recommending advertising opportunities, working closely with the Marketing team. Under the Director of Sales, the WSFM may be given other duties outside the wedding area, such as Holiday Parties and even Sales Blitz’s for other target markets when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sales weddings and associated events: the ability to present Purgatory’s offerings (venues, food & beverage, lodging, activities, transportation and other services) to a client in a way that the client’s expectations are met and their guests will leave impressed. Helping the client visualize what their special day will be like.
- Represent and promote all Purgatory Resort’s products and services.
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to fulfillment.
- Maintain a master calendar of all group functions and events.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss upcoming events/weddings.
- Work within provided sales parameters.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and work in emotional environment.
- Resolve complaints and problems to client’s satisfaction, while protecting company’s interest.
- Perform “Exit Interviews” with each wedding and prepare debrief for file.
- Support the Director of Sales as needed
- Work with accounting department to track all contracts and payments.
- Return all phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Assist other resort departments when needed.
- Submit forms as assigned which enhance reporting procedures for this department.
- Manage an assistant during key months of delivery.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Demonstrates the following sales skills:
- Understands what’s important to a client and strives to meet their expectations.
- Takes responsibility. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others when a problem arises.
- Asks questions. Wants to understand the issues or the problem before offering solutions.
- Follows through. Never leaves issues up in the air or anyone guessing. Gets back to clients and co-workers quickly with information and answers.
- Keeps promises. Doesn’t leave a customer hanging or wondering. Does what’s agreed on without being reminded.
- Seeks performance improvement. Comes away from sales presentations and asks, “What could I have done better?”
- Stays in touch. Understands the value of making sure clients and support staff are always in the loop.
- Recognizes when help is needed.
- Thrives on problem-solving. Views these as opportunities to demonstrate value by assisting clients with troublesome situations.
- Understands the harm of “cutting corners.” While taking the easy way out is often camouflaged as saving time, professionals know it can easily become a slippery slope.
- Welcomes challenges. Sees difficult tasks as growth opportunities rather than as bothersome interruptions.
- Wants to be ahead of the curve. Constantly works to be seen by customers as thoughtful and forward thinking.
- Never considers anything “beneath me.” Will tell you that getting his or her hands dirty is part of the job.
- Views selling as helping. Knows that trust is earned by using knowledge and experience to assist customers in reaching their goals, not just closing a sale.
- Always represents Purgatory Resort in a professional manner
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional organization skills. Ability to multitask and communicate with both the internal customer (fellow employees) and external customer (client).
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a large team.
- Ability to plan 16-18 months in advance as wedding sales often have significant lead time.
- Position requires the ability to work on weekends (Summer), evenings and occasional holidays.
- Position requires a detail-oriented thinker, who excels at time management. Must be able to work independently and as a team, self-motivated.
Education or Formal Training: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of Event Related Sales Experience. Valid driver’s license required.
Experience: Sales experience mandatory. Knowledge of the wedding/event business is extremely beneficial. Good communication and follow up skills are mandatory. Must be able to work as a team but also be able to function autonomously. Proven record of time/project management skills required.Apply Now