Position Title:Wedding Assistant
This position is responsible for assistance with all weddings and events at Purgatory Resort. The wedding and event assistant will be expected to help with aspects leading up to as well as the day of the wedding/ event. Duties include behind the scenes office work, assistance with rehearsals, weddings, and events, managing weddings when there is more than one wedding, directing the wedding party, and other duties as assigned.
This position will attain knowledge of Purgatory Resort lodging, venues, as well as wedding and event planning. Flexible schedule, access to personal transportation, organizational skills, and communication skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exceptional organization skills. Ability to multitask and communicate with both the internal customer (other employees) and external customer (client).
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a large team.
- Support Wedding/ Event Sales Manager and Conference/ Group Sales Manager as needed.
- Setup and breakdown for all weddings and events. Includes heavy lifting, moving chairs and tables, and assistance with decorations.
- Position requires the ability to work on weekends, evenings and some holidays.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss upcoming events/weddings.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service and work in ever changing environment.
- Resolve complaints and problems to client’s satisfaction, while protecting company’s interest.
- Assist other resort departments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the sales & marketing team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must possess excellent oral communication, organization and written communication skills. Must have solid command of Word and Excel. Attention to details vital. Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems on a daily basis. Sales and marketing skills a plus.
Experience: Knowledge of the wedding/event business is extremely beneficial. Catering experience is a plus. Good communications skills are mandatory. Must be able to work as a team but also be able to function autonomously.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Must be able to lift objects up to 20 pounds. Good vision, hearing and manual dexterity required. Must have valid driver’s license. Must be able to work 10+ hour days.Apply Now