Tubing Hill Attendant
Position Title:Tubing Hill Attendant
Department:Lift Operations & Summer Activities
Maintain orderly and safe passenger tubing conditions; advise and assist passengers on safe tubing procedures, as required; maintain surveillance of assigned area and ensure all guests riding Purgatory ski lifts have a valid ticket or season pass for each ride while maintaining excellent guest relations at all times.
- Ensure proper and safe loading and unloading of guests, using excellent guest service skills at all times.
- Be familiar with proper procedures for start-up, shut-down of tubing hill, safety procedures, waivers, and be completely knowledgeable in all resort procedures and policies.
- Maintain a safe, clean, presentable, and friendly work area.
- Be aware of surroundings, temperature, ice formation, and other unsafe conditions.
- Be familiar with general resort knowledge, transportation schedule, and on-call transportation procedures.
- Conduct yourself in a safe and responsible manner, to avoid damage to the company property and to the environment. Be aware of the safety of people working, and playing around you.
- Accurately complete any necessary incident reports. Maintain an open line of communication with superiors, co-workers, and first responders (Ski Patrol).
- Know and use proper telephone and radio procedures.
- Scan and verify all lift tickets/passes, ensuring they are valid with correct code and date, inform the supervisor of any invalid passes and be knowledgeable of all types of tickets.
- Assist all guests with current mountain information, keeping information signs current and accurate.
- Organize and coordinate guests at the bottom of the lifts to ensure every chair is fully loaded with effective and clear communication.
Maintain station signage.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Safety oriented, Outgoing personality, firm yet friendly. Alertness, speaking, reading and writing (English) ability, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, judgment, and patience are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: No experience required.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Air compressor, inner tubes/covers, hand tools, radio, telephone and ticket scanning equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions including but not limited to: cold, heat, snow, wet, lightening and thunder storms. 90% of the workday is spent standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
10% of the time noise levels reach 75 – 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Occasional exposure to mechanical hazards. Occasional exposure to electrical, high exposed worksite, burns, and radiant energy.Apply Now