Position Title:Transportation Supervisor
Reports To:Transportation Manager
Transportation: Ensure the safe and efficient transport of employees and guests. Effectively supervise and train drivers. Ensure completion of related vehicle maintenance, accurate record keeping, safety checks of assigned vehicles and equipment. Drive scheduled routes as required.
- Develop and maintain operating schedule.
- Directly supervise drivers to include assigning and scheduling work, training, performance appraisals, disciplinary discussions.
- Follow all safety, DOT and PUC regulations and proper paperwork.
- Do weekly audits on all required paperwork.
- Schedule all maintenance work needed.
- Process all guest payments and maintain trip log.
- Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/problems.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and maintained in good working order. Report any vehicle problems or maintenance requirements to the Transportation Manager.
- On a needed basis, drive vehicles.
Other Responsibilities and duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to writing reports or other correspondence, researching information, answering telephones, taking messages, developing spreadsheets, completing purchase requests, faxing documents, posting mail, distributing documents, straightening and organizing corporate files.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:.
- Solid supervisory skills.
- Solid interpersonal communications/customer relations skills and basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required.
- Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred.
- Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions.
- Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situations.
- Alertness, spatial perception, judgment, concentration, patience, near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision and visual discrimination are required abilities.
- Must 21 years or older.
- Current Colorado Driver’s License preferred
- CDL Class B with passengers endorsement (P2).
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to pass a DOT physical.
- Must pass pre- employment drug test. Will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing per CDL testing pool requirements.