Transportation – Dispatch
Position Title:Transportation - Dispatch
Reports To:Transportation Manager
- Transportation:Ensure the safe and efficient transport of employees and guests. Accurate record keeping, safety checks of assigned vehicles and equipment. Drive scheduled routes as required.
- Community Services: Implements the coordination of homeowner pickup requests. Requires communication throughout all DMR departments and Homeowners in a timely efficient manner.
Assigns and schedules reservations for guests and homeowners needing our transportation services.
Coordinate all residential and community service needs including reservations and billing.
Follow a safety and DOT and PUC regulations and proper paperwork. Do weekly audits on all required paperwork. Schedule all maintenance work needed.
Provide accounting/billing support for transportation services.
Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/problems.
On a needed basis, drive vehicles.
Other Responsibilities and duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to writing reports or other correspondence, researching in formation, answering telephones, taking messages, developing spreadsheets, completing purchase requests, faxing documents, posting mail, distributing documents, straightening and organizing corporate files.
Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid interpersonal communications/customer relations skills and basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required. Basic Excel knowledge. Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred. Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to make quick, sound decisions in potentially hazardous driving situations. Alertness, spatial perception, judgment, concentration, patience, near and far acuity, depth perception and field of vision.
- Education/Formal Training: High School diploma or GED preferred. Current Colorado Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record required that meets Purgatory Resort requirements.
- Experience: Must 21 years or older.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Computers/computer software, e-mail, accounting programs, telephones and other office equipment.
Bus, passenger van, cleaning equipment and supplies, vehicle maintenance equipment and supplies, ski/snowboard equipment and simple office equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
20% of the workday is spent driving vehicles, often in extreme and/or adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and snow. 80% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Potential hazards include mechanical and electrical, and road hazards. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 100 pounds. Occasionally necessary to “dig out” and push vans from stuck positions. This is a non-skiing position.