Position Title:System Administrator
Reports To:Director - Information Technology
Manage the user requirements and resources of Information Technology for the benefit of the resort. Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot cable TV outside plant. Support end-users by providing administration, training, and security of IT networks and software. Support the Director of Information Technology in operating and securing resort infrastructure and information assets.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot 18 inch parabolic and 1.5 meter elliptical satellite dishes for inbound content.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot signal splitters, modulators, receivers, combiners and insertion points in head end.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot cable modem termination system and cable modems.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot local access channels and locally originated content.
- Ensure legal compliance with Federal, State and local regulations. Maintain compliance with the Communications Assistance with Law Enforcement Act.
- Ensure technical compliance with FCC part 97 regulations.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot cable TV outside plant. Must be able to rig, pull, and splice semi-rigid coaxial cabling.
- Activate and balance plant electronics including newly constructed plant.
- Install voice, video and data services to subscribers complying with all applicable electrical codes.
- Proficient in Local and wireless consumer level networks and home theater equipment and integration of all services.
- Advanced damage assessment of live electrical fields and active RF cables.
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot all plain old telephone service lines.
- Construct and maintain all communications plant present at mountain and company.
- Maintain radio systems as needed.
- Assisted with all audio and visual systems.
- Operate company equipment on rough terrain and in poor weather.
- Rapidly and correctly identify problems, appropriately prioritize them, research solutions and deploy correct fixes in a timely manner.
- Maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot or deploy servers in IBM blade chassis and IBM X series hardware platforms. Support other hardware as needed.
- Ensure best possible availability for point of sale units and credit card networks especially during high business periods.
- Ensure best possible availability for hardware and software platforms for critical business units including tickets, ski school, rentals and food and beverage.
- Manage Active directory, DHCP and DNS functions at mountain and headquarters location.
- Manage virtualized server platforms including print servers, camera servers, credit card servers and ticket scanning server.
- Manage network attached storage and storage area networks.
- Manage Web and Security Camera hardware and software.
- Manage Anti-Virus solutions.
- Support workstations and laptops from Point of Sale to corporate executives.
- Maintain 24/7 availability to ensure critical business continuity. Must be available to outside and inside customers and be able to troubleshoot issues over phone, VPN or remote desktop.
- Maintain phone system, hardware and software platforms.
- Setup printers, copiers, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Maintain proficiency in 2008/7/2012/10 Windows operating platforms. Research new platforms and future possible migrations.
- Research emerging security issues and proactively correct security deficiencies.
- Must be able to troubleshoot hardware issues including server room cooling and heating issues.
- Install new networking equipment and deploy proper layer 2 networking setup.
- Maintain and troubleshoot physical connections between switching at mountain and headquarters locations and all end devices.
- Maintain troubleshooting level knowledge of WAN configurations and physical locations of all equipment.
- Install latest firmware on switches. Ensure backups performed regularly.
- Control access to networking environment. Ensure all equipment is properly cooled or heated.
- Maintain a troubleshooting level knowledge level of Cisco, Linksys, Allied Telesis, and Net Gear stacked and standalone switches.
- Maintain digital subscriber line access multiplexor for on mountain services.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all wireless networks.
- Responsible for ensuring timely resolution of issues, through training, coaching, issue triage, classification, resolution, and escalation, where necessary.
- Responsible for identifying, recommending, and implementing policies and procedures that promote an effective resolution process and increase end-user satisfaction.
- Recommends and implements tools and applications that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Determines root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Develops and uses effective documentation and operating procedures to ensure standardization, efficiency, and compliance with security or regulatory guidelines.
- Works with staff and users to effectively handle complaints and feedback.
- Develops recommendations for improvement of processes and resolutions.
- Helps with time tracking, PTO management, schedules and resource planning for the department.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors other team members.
- Helps with purchasing and vendor research
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities:
Knowledge of wide area networks, local area networks, phone networks, personal computing hardware, software and communications systems are required, preferred familiarity with Windows Unix, and Novell operating systems. Solid analytical skills required. Good interpersonal communication skills required. Expert knowledge of system analysis and design, significant knowledge of various software applications, PC troubleshooting and repair. Strong oral and written communication skills. Alertness, precision, integrity, problem-solving, analytic ability, persuasiveness, tactile and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, reasoning, imagination, initiative and patience are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training:
College degree in related field or demonstrated experience sufficient to show equivalence, High School Diploma or GED required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Field assignments require the incumbent to drive to and from office buildings to install, maintain, and/or repair equipment. Incumbent communicates orally face-to-face, or uses the telephone, and, in writing, using a keyboard. When working in the office, the incumbent will sit for several hours at a time using a keyboard and video display. When installing equipment and/or making equipment repairs, the incumbent will use common hand tools such as a screwdriver, wire cutters and pliers. The incumbent must be able to discriminate among and match colors when installing cables and when adjusting colors on monitors. Equipment installation also involves working with arms above shoulder level, bending and stopping repeatedly or continually over time, and performing installation work in small, cramped closets, under desks, behind cabinets and while sitting on the floor. The incumbent will lift and move monitors, printers, servers, and other equipment weighing up to 75 pounds short and long distances without assistance.