Summer Ticket Seller
Position Title:Summer Ticket Seller
Sell summer activity tickets to Purgatory guests using excellent guest services skills to ensure the guest’s experience at Purgatory exceeds their expectations.
- Sell Summer Activity Tickets to Purgatory guests and be well informed of all these products.
- Use the automated ticketing system, as trained, to sell all products.
- Ensure ticket window is adequately stocked to provide uninterrupted service.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by providing prompt and accurate information regarding all Summer Activity Products and Purgatory operations.
- Balance daily business.
- Insure strong internal controls of ticketing sales dollars via proper documentation and recording of adjustments, refunds, and any variation from the rack ticket price.
- Complete the daily check-out for the ticket window in a timely manner. Work must be neat and legible, and daily business policies and procedures must be followed. Cash count must be completed and turned in to the Cashier’s office.
- Be knowledgeable of all ticketing policies and procedures and guest service guidelines.
- Communicate between the lift operations staff and the ticket selling staff about any closures or changes in lift, slide or mountain bike operations.
- Maintain excellent guest service skills, positive attitude, and a commitment to assist our guests in any way possible.
- Communicate effectively with guest about their complaints.
- Know the Fire Plan and how it works.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Keep work area and the ticket office clean and orderly. Pick up trash, organize files or do whatever is necessary to maintain an organized and “clutter-free” ticket office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent guest service skills. Good organizational skills, computer skills and dependability required. Must be able to work in high volume sales environment and outside in a high alpine Summer environment.
Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, adaptability, persuasiveness, speaking and writing ability, judgment, concentration, memory, auditory, tactile, and visual discrimination, reasoning, imagination, and initiative are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Customer service training helpful. Experience in cashiering helpful.
Previous sales or customer service experience required. Keyboarding experience required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Simple office equipment, computers, printers, automated ticketing P.O.S. system, and ticket scanning equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Approximately 8 hours of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Constantly handling, and feeling objects. Constantly using near acuity and color vision, and engaging in normal conversation.