Position Title:Sous Chef
Reports To:AGM and GM of Plaza Restaurants
Department:Food and Beverage
Help develop and create new recipes, supervise kitchen staff, and maintain quality and portion control in all phases of food preparation. Provide leadership and training for the kitchen staff and ensure the guest receives a quality product quickly and within cost of sale percentages.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Lead kitchen production.
- Supervise kitchen staff for menu preparation based on established specification regarding ingredients and portion control.
- Develop and create specials.
- Assign duties for all kitchen staff and food servers.
- Order inventory through established requisition procedures.
- Execute special events and functions.
- Assists in scheduling Kitchen and Back of House Staff.
- Control waste and theft through continuous monitoring and training.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen, storage areas and cooking line.
- Plan the Prep’s list for daily needs and for special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of food preparation and storage, inventory controls, sanitation requirements, and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid supervisory and interpersonal communication skills.
Education or Formal Training:
Culinary school or equivalent training preferred.
Three years experience as chef or sous chef.Apply Now