Snow Removal Tech
Position Title:Snow Removal Tech
Reports To:Grounds Supervisor
Remove snow and ice from all public access roof areas with safety equipment including but not limited to snow shovels, harnesses and ropes to ensure the safe passage of guests and employees within the ski area.
- Remove snow and ice from roofs for maintenance and safety.
- Operate tools and equipment in a safe manner according to instructions.
- Perform equipment maintenance as required.
- Return and secure all tools and equipment when not in use.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Conserve energy wherever possible.
- Clean and tidy work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DMR not responsible for your personal equipment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge of company safety policies.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, reasoning, concentration, judgment, initiative, patience, oral and written communication skills.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: Strong rope safety, knot tying, safe anchoring and repelling skills required.
Required Equipment: Climbing harness, three carabineers (one locking), one ascender, and belay device.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- 100% of the workday spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including snow, cold and wet conditions at extreme heights with slick surfaces.
- Constantly climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling and listening.
- Constant use of depth perception both near and far acuity, use of color vision and field of vision.
- Noise levels reach 90 decibels for up to 8 hours a day.