Snow Cat Skiing and Tour Manager
Position Title:Snow Cat Skiing and Tour Manager
Reports To:Director of Mountain Operations
Manage the daily human, financial and physical resources in the fulfillment of safe and great service to guests participating in the backcountry snow cat operation.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage staff directly and indirectly on a daily basis, including all checklist and logs. Responsible for long-term and daily scheduling, interviewing, hiring, training, performance appraisals, salary increases, promotions/transfers, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
- Preparation of annual business plan and operating budget, capital expenditure requests, equipment leases and purchases. Conduct operations within budget parameters.
- Preparation of the annual USFS operating plan and strict compliance with the special use permit. Maintenance of all necessary certifications (business and staff) and tracking/logging of information required for USFS reporting. Responsible for securing/maintaining required ATF permits and compliance with all ATF regulations.
- Responsible for all pre-season preparation and maintenance to ensure operations can commence when conditions permit.
- Set policy and establish standards for employee operations and performance. Provide training to ensure the highest degree of professionalism (guest service and safety), compliance with resort policies, procedures, and handbook, and ensure completion of necessary accident investigations.
- Ensure backcountry roads are constructed/maintained and hazards are adequately marked. Track weather forecasts and radar to ensure guest/employee safety and experience.
- Responsible for all aspects of avalanche training, policies, procedures, and protocol to mitigate risk and maximize safety.
- Work closely with marketing to maximize exposure, packaging opportunities, visitor count, and gross revenue. Work closely with tickets on fulfillment and seat inventory management. Work closely with vehicle maintenance to maximize preventative efforts and ensure the safe/efficient operation of equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 3 years experience in related industry or field. Mechanical aptitude and equipment repair skills are a plus. College degree preferred.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, memory, creativity, concentration, judgement, aesthetic sense, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience, visual, tactile and auditory discrimination, strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- Level 2 Aiare certified
- ATF type 2 and 3 license holder (buy, store, and transport explosives) Preferred but not required