Skier Services Director
Position Title:Skier Services Director
Reports To:General Manager
To manage the human, physical and financial resources of Purgatory Resort skier services including the Season Pass and Ticket office, Retail Stores, ski/board/bike Rental Shops, overnight ski/board storage, product sales and services, summer activity third-party relationships, day and seasonal lockers, lost and found, and valet parking. Organizes businesses, teams and programs to deliver a superior guest experience and achieve financial objectives. Participates as a member of the leadership team and actively engages, hires, trains, coaches and develops the skier services team.
- Directly and indirectly supervise the product sales and services staff across departments and the volunteer ambassador group. Tasks include interviewing, hiring, training, performance management, scheduling, job/skill planning and development, and succession planning.
- Manage all departments to ensure that proper revenue, labor, and customer service goals are established as well as action plans and programs for monitoring and measuring success.
- Develop and maintain strong communication link with all departments, to ensure accurate and current information is gathered and disseminated.
- Act as the central, internal experts for Purgatory Resort product and service information (excluding lodging and real estate sales).
- Prepare annual operating budgets for Skier Services departments and conduct weekly and monthly business reviews to monitor and measure success.
- Create staffing plans for all departments to achieve operating margin and operating ratio objectives.
- Oversee the resort’s guest feedback, satisfaction and loyalty documentation and follow-up programs and provide updates to company managers on department performance and trends related to success and shortfalls. Work directly with division directors and department managers to establish service action plans for continuous improvement.
- Resolve customer issues that escalate beyond the manager level, to satisfy the guest and protect the company interest.
- Supervise the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business reporting for all Skier Services departments.
- Use the company POS reporting system to measure and monitor key performance indicators for each department.
- Coordinate with MCP shared services (marketing, finance, and human resources) to achieve specific projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain a positive working relationship and open communication with other departments and company management at all levels.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education or formal training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in ski area operations, resort operations, retail, ski/bike rentals, or in a guest service role required.
- At least four (4) years of experience in a senior leadership role with P&L responsibility in ski/resort retail and/or rental operations highly preferred.
- Ski Resort Operations experience highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and & Abilities:
- Expert supervisory and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and KPI’s for resort operations.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn software programs such as Siriusware (Point of Sales) and the Google Suite of software.