Position Title:Revenue Auditor
Reports To:Revenue Accountant
Verify and audit daily business reports for tickets, ski school, lodging, retail, rental, and food & beverage. Prepare and input journal entries into the general ledger software as necessary. Produce daily reports for revenue, payroll estimates, skier count, room nights, and snow reports. Assist with wholesale, property, and monthly reconciliations for accounting and management.
- Verify and audit daily business reports, based on internal controls. Agree all payments forms to the appropriate backup. Ascertain that all refunds and voids are supported and justified. Discrepancies in the audit process should be reviewed and corrected with the appropriate department supervisor, manager or director. These responsibilities require extensive problem solving skills and diplomatic communication skills. This position is a liaison between accounting/business team and all departments at the resort.
- Prepare daily journal entries for all departments based on the audit results. Review all journal entries for accuracy. This task requires attention to detail.
- Process and prepare reports including: revenue reports, skier count, snow report, room nights and daily payroll estimates. From these reports prepare journal entries.
- Assist in month end general ledger reconciliations of cash and credit card accounts, accounts receivable, wholesaler payable and group payable accounts as well as any revenue related accounts.
- Assist in the reconciliation of on-lines sales and revenues on a daily basis.
- Special Projects as requested by management.
- Filing/maintaining records
- Other duties as assigned.
Education or formal training
- Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting or related field required.
- At least 6 months experience in accounting/bookkeeping environment with strong computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles (debits/credits)
- Experience in general ledger account reconciliations
- Ability to build and understand Excel worksheets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Applicant must be detailed-oriented with superior follow-through skills.