Position Title:Retail Manager
Reports To:Retail & Rental Director
Department:Alpine Chic & Branded
Manage the human, financial and physical resources of the assigned retail unit(s), in order to provide a sound financial return to the company while providing an enjoyable and efficient facility for guests.
- Manage daily operations, including cleaning, merchandising and display to departmental standards.
- Assist Retail/Rental Director in monitoring of staffing levels to maintain appropriate budgetary structure.
- Maintain facility staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures, and customer service standards.
- Engage with retail team by maintaining a presence on the sales floor.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Assist in the accurate tagging and merchandising of store products.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventory levels. Notify Retail/Rental Director when inventory levels require re-ordering.
- Assist Director in the execution of the annual inventory process.
- Make recommendations to the department Director of additional or new products that should be considered for the store in the future.
- Ensure completion of daily and monthly business reports to maintain accurate and up-to-date record of revenues, monitor and maintain appropriate cash levels in register and change banks.
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting the Retail Director in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Review staff hours worked to ensure accuracy and complete payroll functions.
- Complete weekly staff schedules to align with business needs and labor budget.
- Complete employee seasonal reviews to ensure communication of job performance with each staff member.
- Resolve guest concerns/problems to the satisfaction of the guest and protection of the company’s interests.
- Insure the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid knowledge of accounting principles, employee management, merchandising and retail shop operations.
- Possess excellent customer relations and problem-solving skills.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgement, aesthetic sense, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience, strong oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of retail and management experience.