Position Title:Rental Cashier
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
Sell rental products, lesson products, lift tickets and other miscellaneous products offered via REZ and Ticket Express Point of Sale System to Purgatory guests.
- Sell predefined products to guests at the correct price.
- Ensure guests fill out rental forms and liability releases correctly.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments as needed.
- Be adequately knowledgeable about Purgatory Ski Area and insuring correct information is given to guests concerning lifts, Snow Sports School, Rentals, Food and Beverage, Transportation, Lodging,
- Balance cash drawer to the penny at the end of every selling day; ensure all adjustments, voids, refunds, comps and discounts are recorded properly.
- Stay informed and current with respect to company policies, procedures and programs.
- Work with reservation supervisor on daily reservations, reports and other duties as assigned.
- Greet customers and groups upon their arrival.
- Always be courteous, respectful and helpful to guests.
- Keep work area clean, neat, organized and well stocked.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service/customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good math skills – must balance products sold to money received
- General computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure during peak volume periods
- Ability to work within a team in close quarters
- Strong attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED
Experience: At least one year of computer experience, previous experience handling customer requests and or complaints preferred, working as a cashier or bank teller desired
Materials and Equipment Directly Used: Forms, simple office equipment, computers, printers, automated ticketing system
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
100% of the workday is spent indoors in the rental shop, working with guests and staff. 10% is spent walking and 90% standing.
Employees will be constantly engaging in normal conversation, frequently reaching, handling paper, constantly using near acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Atmospheric conditions occasionally include odors, dusts, fabric/dye fumes. This is a non-skiing position.