Rental Repair Technician
Position Title:Rental Repair Tech
General Purpose: Oversee customer repairs, demo fleet maintenance, maintenance of ski/snowboard tuning equipment. Mount and adjust ski and snowboard bindings according to binding manufacturer’s specifications.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of consumable products i.e. wax, p-tex, etc.
- Maintain binding manufacturer indemnification.
- Complete proper documentation on all repair agreement forms.
- Maintain equipment, tune, and repair, sharpen, and wax snowboards and skis.
- Clean shop and work areas, to maintain a safe working environment.
- Check all safety equipment daily for proper function.
- Use all safety equipment and procedures at all times. Be aware of the safety of people working around machines and equipment at all times.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Operate machinery in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to the machines and to protect corporate property.
- Work on retail floor assisting customers with questions about product information and prices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Solid customer relations skills. Basic knowledge of mechanical principles. simple filing ability. A competence and solid technical knowledge of skis, snowboards, bindings, and ski/snowboard tuning equipment. Basic computer skills.
Alertness, precision, problem solving, concentration, judgment, patience, oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: High school graduate or GED.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of ski and snowboard tuning experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Ski/Snowboard equipment, binding adjustment and tuning equipment and tools, point-of-sale cash register, simple office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
100% of the workday is spent indoors in the retail/demo shop, working with guests and staff. 60% of the work day is spent standing, 35% is spent walking and 5% is spent sitting.
Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Constantly engaged in normal conversation. Frequently reaching, near acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and feeling.
Atmospheric conditions occasionally include odors, dusts, fabric/dye fumes and poor ventilation. Occasional exposure to mechanical hazards and burns. This is a non-skiing position.