Security Officer- Part Time
Position Title:Security Officer- Part Time
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
To provide continuing observation and surveillance of Purgatory buildings and property including all hotel areas. To ensure safety and security of property and people in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. To curtail, and minimize criminal misconduct and activity. Public Safety Officers/Security will respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Safeguard property belonging to Purgatory and visitors.
- Accurately document daily activity and reporting as well as any incident of a questionable nature.
- Respond immediately to any request for assistance, especially medical, fire and unknown circumstances. In case of injury, remain with injured party until trained medical personnel arrive. Communicate with front desk and others as applicable to situation.
- Incidents and accidents of a serious nature must be reported to the Sheriff’s Department or Colorado State Patrol. When they are called in, the Security Office will assist in any way possible. Evidence, if available, should be gathered, including photographs.
- Pools, hot tubs and saunas will be secured nightly.
- Assist with wedding and event security as needed.
- Each shift will be required to physically check in with hotel front desk no less than four times per shift, approximately every two hours in addition to any special requests.
- Assist hotel staff as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of fire evacuation and mountain rescue procedures, radio codes and use. Be free of any felony and/or misdemeanor conviction which involves a crime of violence and/or of theft.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile, visual and olfactory discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgement, aesthetic sense, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience, oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: Current and valid Colorado driver’s license. First Aid and CPR certification.
Experience: Law enforcement and public relations experience helpful.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Radio, security vehicle, trucks, simple office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
40% of the work day is spent indoors: 60% of the work day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including snow, extreme cold and wet in winter and heat, thunder and lightening storms in summer. 60% of the work day is spent walking, 20% of the work day is spent standing, and 20% is spent sitting. The work day may be a day, evening or night shift. The evening and night shift is spent walking and standing in the dark.
Frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently talking and listening, smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Frequently using radio controls. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering and feeling.
Noise levels can reach 95 decibels for 50% of the work day. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases in the atmosphere. Occasional exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, high exposed worksite, burns, radiant energy and toxic or caustic chemicals. This is a non-skiing position.
Examples of situations which may arise and actions to be taken:
- Theft of property: report to the Sheriff’s Department. Cooperate with the Sheriff in any investigation.
- The use of drugs and alcohol by an employee on duty: report to the employee’s supervisor or the Director of Human Resources.
- Noise complaints, rowdiness, reckless driving in parking areas, cursing and swearing in public places: request the individual to stop.