Position Title:PM Houseman
Reports To:Housekeeping Manager
Service and maintain all hotel common areas to ensure cleanliness and neatness of the hotel. Assist Housekeeping department with stocking of closets and carts.
- Stock Housekeeping closets and carts throughout the day.
- Remove linen and trash from all hallways in a timely fashion (must be able to lift or move 50-100 lbs).
- Assist with supply deliveries.
- Deliver items and supplies to units as assigned.
- Strip rooms and assist with making beds when needed.
- Stock the firewood bins and deliver to rooms as required.
- Assist housekeeping with moving furniture and heavy items as assigned.
- Clean carpets and common area floors as assigned.
- Take linen, trash and supplies between all properties as needed.
- Place soiled linen in laundry tubs and bring down to the laundry rooms on a daily basis.
- Retrieve clean linen from laundry room and stock shelves.
- Assist laundry personnel with folding linen and bringing them soiled linen in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a non-skiing position
- Preferred valid Driver’s License and a driving record that meets the standard required to drive Purgatory vehicles.
- Previous experience housekeeping or in lodging operations an advantage
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Vacuum, duster, various cloths, mop, spray bottles, aerosol cans
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- 100% of the day is spent standing, walking and completing manual tasks.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, feeling
- Frequent pushing and pulling up to 80lbs
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Occasionally climbing, balancing.
- Atmospheric conditions may include fumes, odors, dusts and mists. Occasional gases and poor ventilation may also be encountered. Potential hazards include exposure to toxic, caustic chemical cleaning agents. May also drive company vehicles to provide guest service and information. Occasional exposure to mechanical, electrical, and burn hazards may also occur.