Plaza Activities Attendant/Operator
Position Title:Plaza Activities Attendant/Operator
Reports To:Mountain Operations Supervisor/Foreperson
Summary of Duties:
Plaza Activities Attendants are responsible for providing guests with a safe, exciting and enjoyable experience at Purgatory and on the plaza activities. Plaza Activities Attendants must be proficient in the use of all plaza activities equipment and gear and must be able to maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment and also ensure all guests riding Purgatory attractions have a valid ticket or season pass for each ride while maintaining excellent guest relations. You must also be comfortable and safe working physically and mentally demanding tasks at heights, around machinery and crowds.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sequential, progressive, and effective skills instruction to guests as outlined in training and provided by the supervisor and manager.
- Before usage, inspect plaza rides and equipment, cables, anchors, ropes, bungees, etc. and report all repairs or issues to manager or supervisor.
- Perform any pre-operational or post-operational tasks assigned by the manager or supervisor including, but not limited to: clean-up, inspection and maintenance of equipment used.
- Actively interpret the environment/changing weather conditions, guest experience/needs and continuously monitor for safety issues.
- Daily check-in and coordination with manager or supervisor.
- Be accountable for all equipment assigned to you and the participants and see that each participant is adequately and safely outfitted.
- Attend department/company trainings and debriefings.
- Complete or oversee all necessary paperwork for completion of daily operations.
- Scan and verify all lift tickets/passes, ensuring they are valid with the correct code and date, inform supervisor of any invalid passes and be knowledgeable of all types of tickets.
- Assist all guests with current mountain information and keeping all information signs current and accurate.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the staff and participants on all activities.
- Adhere to Purgatory’s corporate and departmental employment and safety procedures.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment and embrace all of nature’s elements.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Be reliable, flexible and innovative.
- Excel at working in a team environment.
- Be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space, as well as personal appearance.
- Adhere to safety and operational rules/guidelines.
Certifications & Skills Proficiency:
Must complete Purgatory’s Plaza Activates training course and pass any and all written and physical exams. You will be required to prove that you possess the following skills:
- Ability to belay and rappel without guidance.
- Ability to perform basic rescues without guidance.
- Ability to assess and appropriately manage hazards at site.
- Ability to manage ropes and hardware used in technical, commercial work situations.
- Knowledge of basic knots.
General Outdoor Skills Needed:
- Knowledge of Purgatory’s amenities and services and that of the surrounding area.
- Familiarity with southern San Juan mountain weather patterns and the ability to observe changing conditions.
- Experience teaching and managing guests in an outdoor and possibly frightening setting while maintaining professionalism, safety and customer service.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. alone and 50-100 lbs. with a team.
- Work in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions: you will get wet and dirty.
- Must be physically able to continuously and safely carry out demanding work requirements.
- Must be able to keep composure and remain mentally focused after long hours of work.
- Work in a stunningly beautiful outdoor environment with nature and wildlife.
- Exposed to any number of elements that exist in an outdoor environment.
- Work in tight quarters with a small team, continuously.