Parking and Snow Removal
Position Title:Parking and Snow Removal
Reports To:Supervisor on Duty
Provide information, directions and assistance with parking, to aid the orderly arrival and departure of guests.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Direct traffic to appropriate ramps and lots in a slow and continuous flow and direct the parking of cars in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide accurate information to guests or direct them to proper location for assistance. Act as information host/ hostess.
- Monitor trash throughout parking areas and roadways.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Parking attendants must also facilitate safe pedestrian access and crossing to and from parking areas, commercial areas, and bus loading zones at all times.
- Remove snow and ice from public areas for maintenance and safety.
- Check for areas that need ice melt every morning.
- Check the trash cans every day.
- Put tools and equipment back in its proper place after you are done with it.
- Sand the public access roads.
- Jump-start vehicles and help vehicles get unstuck.
- Help the general public.
- Clean work areas and company vehicles.
- Pick up trash from roadways and parking areas.
- Monitoring parking signs, placement, movement, or removal of traffic barriers.
- Clean and tidy work areas and breakroom.
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Solid interpersonal skills. Solid knowledge of company safety policies.
Alertness, precision, ingenuity, concentration, judgment, initiative, patience, oral and written communication skills are necessary.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: Laboring and guest service experience preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Hand tools and company vehicle.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
- 100% of working day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including snow, extreme cold and wet. 75% of the work day is spent standing, 25% of the day is spent walking.
- May be exposed to dust and car exhaust.
- Lifting of parking barricade materials and signs. This is a non-skiing position.