Music In The Mountains Volunteer
Position Title:Music In The Mountains Volunteer
Reports To:Events Manager
Purgatory Resort is looking for hard-working, reliable volunteers to provide support for the Music In The Mountains festival. This is a fun, rewarding position for anyone who appreciates classical music.
Volunteers must be available for the 13 shifts listed below. Most shifts are 5 – 7 hours, with the occasional longer shift as noted. Note that shifts include late evening and weekend work.
During performances, volunteers do have “down time” to enjoy the music.
- Setting up and maintaining the concert tent interior
- Ensuring that the venue is ready and presentable for guests at each performance
- Setting up chairs, tables, plants, podium, signage, etc.
- Driving the golf cart to transport guests needing assistance
- Sweeping the festival tent and removing trash after each performance
- Interfacing with the Purgatory Resort kitchen staff on beverage issues for the festival tent
- Assisting with setting up the bar in the festival tent
- Assisting with making coffee for the tent
- Ensuring that the festival tent has all necessary supplies such as bar towels, trash bags, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Setting up the perimeter of the lawn seating area for each performance and taking down after the performance
- Assisting with folding and stacking chairs after certain performances in preparation for special events
- Resetting chairs and tables as needed for special events and performances
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Excellent customer service
- Punctual and reliable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Qualified candidates should be dependable, punctual, hard-working, team players.
Most shifts require late evening work.
Experience working at events is desired but not required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Depending on the event and assigned duties, materials and equipment may include, but are not limited to:
Tables, chairs, golf cart, and coffee makers.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Work will take place almost entirely at the Resort.
90% of the work will take place outside, however much of the work is inside the summer festival tent.
The position requires standing for several hours at a time, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 50 pounds.
This is a smoke-free environment.
Events may take place during periods of hot, cold, and rainy weather.
The following are the required shifts for this position:
|Sunday, July 9
|3 – 9pm|
|Monday, July 10||5 – 10pm|
|Tuesday, July 11||4 hours, TBD|
|Friday, July 14||5 – 10pm|
|Saturday, July 15||3:30 – 8:30pm|
|Sunday, July 16||3:30 – 10:30pm|
|Friday, July 21
|3:30 – midnight|
|Saturday, July 22||7 – 10am; 3:30 – 10:30pm|
|Wednesday, July 26
|4 – 9pm|
|Thursday, July 27 (Conservatory Gala)||4 – midnight|
|Friday, July 28||5 – 10pm|
|Saturday, July 29||3:30 – 8:30pm|
|Sunday, July 30||3:30 – 10:30pm|
* Stay over at Resort that night if desired
** Could reset on Monday or Tuesday insteadApply Now