Mountain Manager – Hesperus
Position Title:Mountain Manager - Hesperus
Reports To:CEO & COO - Mountain Capital Partners
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing outdoor recreation lifestyle resort company in the U.S.? Mountain Capital Partners (MCP) is creating a collection of resorts, including Hesperus (Hesperus, CO), Purgatory (Durango, CO), Arizona Snowbowl (Flagstaff, AZ), Sipapu (Taos, NM), and Pajarito (Los Alamos, NM). Our focus is serving the rapidly growing Southwestern region. If you have a passion for skiing and the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join MCP to create and foster a strong culture of guest service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region.
MCP is committed to growing our community of outdoor enthusiasts by consistently and dramatically improving the offerings and experience at each of our resorts, accelerating winter and summer visits and driving revenue growth at existing resorts while acquiring new resorts that add strategic value.
MCP is currently recruiting for a Mountain Manager of Hesperus who will lead and manage all aspects of winter operations at Hesperus Ski Area. This includes lift operations & maintenance, trails, grooming, base area operations involving ticket sales, retail/rental, ski school, food & beverage and guest service. This position could be seasonal (November – February) or year-round, depending upon candidate interest.
Preferred candidates will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience managing seasonal staffing processes in the ski or resort industry
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and service-orientation towards guests & employees
- Lead all aspects of operations in a hands-on manner, implementing new policies and procedures
- Demonstrated strong operational and technical knowledge of mountain and base area operations
- Ability to generate and interpret operational reports used to maximize profitability of the operations and efficiently manage labor and scheduling throughout the winter season
The candidate would be expected to reside in Durango, CO, with travel expectations between Hesperus and Purgatory Resort. This is a position with a competitive salary, great resort perks and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of Mountain Capital Partners to shape our new company’s future and culture. To apply, email resume and cover note to Sahara Neeley at Sahara@TexasCapitalPartners.com.