Mountain Coaster Installation Crew
Position Title:Mountain Coaster Installation Crew
Reports To:Mountain Coaster Foreman
Participate in the construction of the Mountain Coaster. Job will entail a variety of assembling and installing an assortment of Coaster support bracing and track sections.
- Digging of holes for the installation of the Coaster track stands.
- Install/assemble track stand footers, track stands and track as directed at surveyed locations.
- Operate a variety of power and hand tools. All tools will be provided by the resort.
- Check all safety equipment daily for proper function.
- Work as part of a team with a safety first mentality. Use all safety equipment and procedures at all times. Be aware of the safety of self and others working around machines and track assemblies at all times.
- Operate machinery in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to the machines and to protect corporate property, the forest, wildlife habitat and natural resources.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazard to supervisor immediately.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and machinery as needed per manufacture guidelines.
- Assemble and maintain Safety fences and project signage at all times.
- Be responsible for the storage and charging of tools at the end of the workday. Maintain an organized and tidy worksite throughout the workday.
- Other construction-related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of heavy construction, nut and bolt assembly, erection of a variety of telspar square metal for the Mountain Coaster construction.
- Be comfortable working on very steep slope conditions.
- Experience with power tools, for example, hand tools and cut-off saws.
- Working at a variety of heights.
- Have the ability to secure and wear safety equipment provided.
- Alertness, concentration, judgment, precision, agility, balance, auditory discrimination, spatial perception, memory, reasoning, initiative, aesthetic sense and olfactory discrimination are necessary abilities.
Special Certifications/Licensing: Valid Colorado Driver’s License and ability to meet the required standards to drive company vehicles (must be at least 21 years of age). First aid certification desirable.
Education or Formal Training: Basic Construction understanding
Experience: A minimum of 4 months experience in related employment required.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Air compressors, Jack hammers, hand tools, battery/electric operated drills, steel cut off saws, shovels, ratchets, 2-way radios.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
99% of the work day is spent outdoors in a mountain forest environment, in changing weather conditions including but not limited to: extreme cold and heat, wind, snow, rain, thunder and lightening storms. 30% of the work day is spent standing and 60% is spent walking on uneven terrain. 10% of the workday is spent sitting.
Frequently balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking and listening, using near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Repetitive heavy lifting and use of hand tools. Occasionally climbing, crawling, fingering, feeling, and smelling. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Frequently team lifting objects weighing up to 180lbs.
Noise levels reach up to 100 decibels for 90% of the work day. Frequent exposure to vibration, fumes and dusts in the atmosphere. Occasional exposure to odors, mists, gases and poor ventilation. Potential hazards include mechanical, radiant energy, electrical, high exposed work site, burns and explosives.Apply Now