Mountain Coaster Attendant
Position Title:Mountain Coaster Attendant
Use proper and safe procedures for mountain coaster start-up and closing, safety checks, loading and unloading of guests and mountain coaster sleds to ensure a friendly, safe and efficient experience for Purgatory guests and ensure all guests riding the mountain coaster have a valid ticket or season pass for each ride while maintaining excellent guest relations.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper and safe loading and unloading of guests, using excellent guest service skills at all times.
- Inform guests on the correct use of sleds and the mountain coaster to ensure their safe use.
- Use proper procedures for mountain coaster start-up, safety checks, troubleshooting, completion of logs, last ride procedures and shutdown of mountain coaster.
- Use proper procedures for pre-operational safety checks, relaying all information regarding daily mountain coaster logs to drive terminal of any unusual situations.
- Check all safety equipment daily for proper function.
- Use all safety equipment and procedures at all times. Work safely around machinery at all times.
- Provide sequential, progressive, and effective skills instruction to guests as outlined by the training, supervisor, and manager.
- Report any existing or potential safety hazards to supervisor immediately.
- Operate machinery in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to the machines and to protect corporate property, the forest land, wildlife habitat and natural resources.
- Complete mountain coaster incident reports completely and accurately and notify Supervisor/Manager of incidents immediately.
- Maintain close communications between stations.
- Be aware of sounds, temperature and alignment of machinery.
- Be proficient in mountain coaster principals and terminology.
- Know all radio and telephone procedures.
- Become knowledgeable in mountain coaster evacuation procedures and responsibilities.
- Scan and verify all lift tickets/passes, ensuring they are valid with the correct code and date, inform supervisor of any invalid passes and be knowledgeable of all types of tickets.
- Assist all guests with current mountain information and keeping all information signs current and accurate.
- Maintain a slow/safe speed on the mountain coaster while rotating between stations.
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures for your station.
- Assist in training other operators to required standards.
- Have a well-rounded understanding of the mountain coaster, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and be familiar with location of all major components.
- Have complete knowledge of all mountain coaster procedures and policies.
- Be constantly alert for emergency situations and understand emergency procedures.
- Understand the conditions which require mountain coaster evacuation and be able to initiate evacuation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Basic knowledge of record-keeping. Excellent communication and guest relations skills. Basic machinery operation skills.
Alertness, speaking, reading and writing (English). Excellent auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, judgment, and patience are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: Previous lift operations, ski resort or customer service experience helpful.
Certifications: Must complete Purgatory’s Mountain Coaster Operations training course, and pass any and all written and physical exams.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Mountain Coaster machinery, mountain coaster track and sleds, hand tools, simple office equipment and ticket scanning equipment.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent outdoors in a high altitude summer resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions to include snow, cold, wet, heat lightening and thunder storms. 90% of the day is spent standing.
Constantly lifting, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate the mountain coaster. Constantly stooping, balancing, handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Constantly talking and listening to guests.
10% of the time noise levels reach 75-110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards. Occasional exposure to electrical, high exposure to electrical, high exposed worksite, burns and radiant energy.Apply Now