Marketing Coordinator – Mountain Capital Partners
Position Title:Marketing Coordinator - Mountain Capital Partners
Reports To:Marketing Manager
Job Summary: The Marketing Coordinator is an entry level position that supports the marketing manager in executing, tracking and reporting key initiatives; coordinating year-round events; building strong relationships within and outside the organization to accomplish corporate and department goals; conducting detailed and ongoing competitive/product research; and serving as the ultimate utility player to pitch in whenever and wherever support is needed – all this while delivering only the highest level of customer service and exemplifying Mountain Capital Partners’ mission and core values.
The winning candidate must have insanely good communication skills as well as an uncanny knack for hunting down details and getting them right. The ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines with grace and humor is critical, as is diligent follow-up. Must be a strong team player while simultaneously thriving as an independent contributor. Love for writing, talking with people (be it friends or strangers) and mountain sports is another definite plus.
This position is based in Mountain Capital Partners’ corporate office in Durango, Colorado and will support select ski areas within our collective of resorts (including but not limited to: Purgatory Resort, Hesperus Ski Area, Purgatory Snowcat Adventures, Arizona Snowbowl, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort and Pajarito Mountain Ski Area).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS
- Support the Marketing team by doing ongoing competitive and market research and maintaining research databases
- Ensure resort team is aware of all promotion calendars and fulfillment details
- Provide ski show logistic support and planning as needed
- Attend ski shows as needed
- Implement the approved corporate social plan
- Respond to social media inquiries using only the highest level of customer service (including but not limited to: appropriate brand tone, courtesy, timeliness, correct grammar, etc.)
- Support the marketing manager by coordinating resort and corporate marketing initiatives
- Maintain a library of all advertising initiatives
- Coordinate all event logistics, including event support, volunteer schedules, advertising and communications
- Implement the design, branding and distribution of event materials
- Provide on-site event support as needed
- Support the Director of Communications with earned media support as needed (coordinating interviews, doing media follow-ups and research as needed)
- Serve as point of contact for online reviews, including TripAdvisor, Yelp and Facebook. Ensure every review receives an appropriate response
- Coordinate Sipapu signage plan
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Requirement: A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Public Relations or a closely related field and a love for skiing or snowboarding.
Special Requirements: Working knowledge of all social media platforms, all Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required – the ideal candidate should be able to do Google searches and fire off professional, courteous customer service emails with one arm tied behind his or her back.