Position Title:Maintenance Technician
Reports To:Engineering Director
Perform preventative and proactive maintenance and repairs to ensure safe and accessible use of all condominium and resort facilities.
Inspect and repair residences, commercial spaces and restaurants as necessary.
Perform repairs as detailed on work orders.
Prioritize repairs and projects as necessary.
Discuss and plan work orders with supervisor ensuring that the tasks will be done in a safe and efficient manner.
Create and maintain records of time and materials used.
Control material inventory ensuring materials are properly restocked by placing on the reorder list as necessary.
Communicate effectively within the Engineering Department and with other departments regarding progress of work orders and outstanding maintenance issues.
Maintain tools in a neat and organized fashion ensuring that the tools are properly stored at the end of the shift.
Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
Ensure quality repairs in a safe and efficient manner.
Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must have a working knowledge and skills of the following including the use of hand and power tools and their safe use:
- Drywall repair
- Use of a multi-meter
- HVAC basic troubleshooting
- Appliance basic trouble shooting
- Must be a self-starter with ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Basic computer skills
Licenses or Formal Training:
- Must have valid state-issued driver’s license.
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED preferred. College or technical trade school would be a plus.
Experience: Two or more years of work related experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Hand tools and electrical/battery powered tools including drill, saw, sander, electric drain cleaner, etc.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- May work indoors and/or outdoors in inclement weather.
- Work may involve crawling, squatting, reaching, laying, standing on a ladder and reaching over your head, moving residential and commercial appliances into place, etc.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- This is a non-skiing position.