Liquor Sales Clerk
Provide customers liquor sales assistance and general information. Restock merchandise and maintain all stock for attractive presentation. Ensure the security of revenue and merchandise. Open & close store.
- Sell merchandise to customers, providing a courteous, knowledgeable and helpful service.
- Accurately ring up sales and maintain sales documentation.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and efficient sales operation by participating in the general cleaning, vacuuming and dusting of the sales and stock areas.
- Restock merchandise in a timely and orderly manner as required.
- Assist with creation of new merchandising displays and themes.
- Conduct inventory counts, and assist with control procedures & ordering.
- Accurately complete deposits.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of retail sales operation.
- Basic liquor & wine knowledge.
- Solid customer relations skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, aesthetic sense, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience, oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) months of customer service experience required. Retail experience preferred. Liquor, wine, or bar experience a plus.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent in an indoor restaurant environment with some outdoors work. 60% of work shift is spent standing and 40% walking. Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 40 pounds. Frequently stooping. Occasionally climbing, balancing, kneeling, and crouching. Constantly reaching, fingering, feeling, and handling objects. Constantly engaging in normal conversation and using near acuity, color vision, and field of vision. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation. Potential occasional hazards include toxic, caustic chemicals and electrical. This is a non-skiing position.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Clothing, accessories, point-of-sale cash register, and simple office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
100% of the workday is spent indoors in a normal retail environment, working with guests and staff. 25% of the work day is spent standing with minimal walking, 75% of the work day is spent sitting. Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Consistently engaged in normal conversation. Constantly reaching, handling, fingering, near acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and feeling. Atmospheric conditions occasionally include odors, dusts, fabric/dye fumes and poor ventilation. This is a non-skiing position.Apply Now