Position Title:Lift Operator
Reports To:Lift Ops Foreman/Manager/Director
Use proper and safe procedures for lift start-up, safety checks, loading and unloading of guests to ensure a friendly, safe, and efficient experience for Purgatory guests. Must be at least 18 years or older.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
▪ Ensure proper and safe loading and unloading of guests, using excellent guest service skills at all times.
▪ Use proper procedures for lift start-up, lift shut-down, safety checks, auxiliary operations, code 4’s and completion of logs.
▪ Use proper procedures for pre-operational safety checks, relaying all information regarding daily lift logs to drive terminal, and inform drive terminal of any unusual situations.
▪ Be completely knowledgeable in all Lift Department procedures and policies. Understand lift, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems and be familiar with location of all major components.
▪ Maintain excellent entry and loading/unloading areas. Remove snow at all areas of station as required.
▪ Be aware of sounds, temperature and alignment of machinery.
▪ Operate machinery in a safe and responsible manner to avoid damage to the company property and to the environment. Be aware of the safety of people working around rides/machines at all times.
▪ Advise supervisor of any condition or occurrence that may adversely affect the safety of the operation of the lift.
▪ Accurately complete lift incident reports. Communicate between stations on assigned lift as needed. Notify Foreman/Manager of incidents immediately.
▪ Know and use proper telephone and radio procedures.
▪ Know signage according to CPTSB Rules and Regulations.
▪ Ensure proper opening and closing procedures for assigned lift.
▪ Assist in training new attendants.
▪ Be constantly alert for emergency situations and understand emergency procedures.
▪ Any other duties as assigned.
▪ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communications skills, basic machinery operation skills. Must be able to ski/snowboard intermediate runs.
▪ Alertness, speaking, reading and writing (English) ability, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, judgment and patience are necessary abilities.
▪ Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED preferred. Must pass test with an 80% or higher after 2 day training course.
▪ Experience: One season experience as Lift Attendant preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Ski lift machinery, hand tools and ski/snowboard equipment.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
75% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions including, but not limited to: cold, heat, snow, wet, lightning and thunder storms. 50% of the workday is spent standing and 40% is spent sitting. Constantly lifting, pushing, and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds is expected. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds is also necessary. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate lifts and constantly handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision is necessary. 10% of the time noise levels reach 75 – 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases should be expected. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, high exposed worksite, burns, and radiant energy are also probable.Apply Now