Lift Operations and Activities Supervisor
Position Title:Lift Operations and Activities Supervisor
Reports To:Lift Operations and Activities Manager/Director
Department:Lift Operations and Activities
Supervise the daily operation of lifts and activities foreman, volunteers and front line staff, to ensure a friendly, safe, and efficient experience for Purgatory guests. Operations include but are not limited to Lifts, Zip Line, Activities, ticket checking, maze control, and volunteer operations.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Directly and indirectly supervise staff on a daily basis. Responsible for interviewing, assigning and scheduling work, performance appraisals, training, and disciplinary discussions
- Implement and enforce safe operational policies and procedures for vehicles, machinery, tools and staff. Reinforce safety procedures for operating machinery in the presence of guests.
- Responsible to assist in the coordination of and partake in on mountain weather evacuations
- Closely monitor employee performance to ensure that all company equipment is being operated in a safe and responsible manner, to minimize damage to company property and to the environment.
- Ensure completion of an investigation for any incident involving, but not limited to – lifts, activities, zip line, mountain coster, tubing, tickets or volunteers. Keep Lift/Activities Director, Manager and Director of Risk Management informed. Determine cause of incident if company property is damaged. If during the investigation, it is determined that an employee is suspected of drug and/or alcohol use, escort employee to Human Resources for drug test and completion of paperwork immediately.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all Foreman and front line staff as pertains to lifts and activities
- Must be able to plan and implement projects, eliminate down time, and insure all subordinates are kept busy to maximize value of cost of labor
- Constantly monitor staff for appearance, attitude, customer service, uniform, behavior, overall wellbeing, and be able to make timely and effective corrections.
- Be proficient in lift and activities principals and terminology.
- Know and properly follow all radio and telephone procedures.
- Work closely with Director, Manager, Maintenance, Pod Foremen, and front line staff.
- Keep operators/attendants informed with current technical, departmental and company information.
- Work with Director, Manager, and Trainers to develop and deliver a comprehensive training program, including daily and ongoing training.
- Work to build and maintain strong departmental unity, cohesion, and team spirit, emphasizing professionalism, safety, and high customer service, and appearance standards.
- Establish good working relationship with other departments, including Ski Patrol, Ski School, Tickets, Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Food and Beverage.
- Knowledge of required, safety, and company policy signage
- Be completely knowledgeable in all Lift Operations and Activities Department procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communications skills, basic machinery operation skills. Must be able to ski intermediate runs, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and have strong organizational skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule, strong work ethic, professional attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have an eye for detail and the ability to effect immediate corrective measures
- Alertness, reading and writing (English), precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgement, reasoning, imagination, initiative, patience and strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
- Must be self motivated, hard working, and able to set a positive professional example
- Education or Formal Training: Current snowmobile certification, high school diploma or GED.
- Experience: Minimum one year experience as a lifts/activities Foreman. Previous ski resort and customer service experience required.
- Medical training and CDL preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Ski lift machinery, ski equipment, amusement rides equipment, hand tools, snowmobiles, vehicles, and simple office equipment.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
65+% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions to include snow, cold and wet. 33% of the workday is spent standing, 33% is spent sitting and 33% is spent walking. Constantly lifting, pushing, and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate lifts. Constantly engaged in normal conversation. Constantly handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Frequently climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, fingering objects.
10% of the time noise levels reach 75 – 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards. Occasional exposure to electrical, high exposed worksite, burns, and radiant energy. This is a skiing position.Apply Now