Lift Operations and Activities Manager
Position Title:Lift Operations and Activities Manager
Reports To:Director of Lift Operations and Activities
Department:Lift Operations and Activities
Responsible for: the efficient and safe management of daily operations and staff to provide a positive family friendly guest experience. Operations include but are not limited to Lifts, Zip Line, Activities, and volunteer operations. The oversight and management of supervisory staff, foreman, and front line employee responsibilities as pertains to above operations. Act as Director of Lift Operations and Activities in his absence as it pertains to the above operations.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Directly and indirectly supervise staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, assigning and scheduling work, performance appraisals, training, disciplinary decisions and terminations.
- Oversee and participate in all aspects of training, testing, documentation, and operations in accordance with ANSI, CPTSB, ACCT, DORA – Division of Oil and Public Safety and OSHA
- Perform reporting functions to the above agencies as necessary
- Implement and enforce safe operational policies and procedures for vehicles, machinery, amenities, tools for staff and guests
- Closely monitor employee performance to ensure that all company equipment is being operated in a safe and responsible manner, to minimize damage to company property and the environment.
- Ensure completion of investigations of any incident for any department sub set in accordance with company policy and oversight agency. Inform appropriate resort personnel as necessary.
- Must be proficient in lift/zip/activity principals and terminology.
- Know and properly use all radio and telephone procedures.
- Work closely with Director of Lift Operations and Activities, Director of Mountain Operations, Supervisors, Foremen, and Maintenance.
- Keep staff informed with current technical, safety and departmental protocols as well as pertinent company information.
- Work with Supervisor and Foremen to provide staff a comprehensive training /ongoing training program.
- Establish good working relationships and administrative compliance with other all other resort departments
- Know the requirements as pertain to the Lift Operations and Activities department, as set forth by ANSI, CPTSB, ACCT, DORA – Division of Oil and Public Safety and OSHA
- Be completely knowledgeable in all Lift Operations and Activities Department procedures and policies.
- Be completely knowledgeable in all Purgatory Resort procedures and policies.
- Proficient in teaching and performing Lift, Zip, and Activities evacuations
- Organize, schedule, and train staff and volunteers
- Maintain company appearance and customer service standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience: Previous ski resort / amusement park management experience required.
- Education or Formal Training: Bachelors Degree (preferred)
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: You must have excellent interpersonal communications skills, alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, reasoning, imagination, initiative, positive work ethic, patience, and strong verbal and written communication skills!
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- ACCT Zip Line accreditations or guide certifications, CPTSB and management training (preferred)
- Formal medical training and accreditations (preferred)
- Snowmobile certification, heavy equipment experience, and class B passenger CDL (preferred)
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Ski lift machinery, ski equipment, hand tools, snowmobiles, snow CATs / tractors, passenger vehicles, Zip Line course equipment, amusement ride equipment, medical equipment, and simple office equipment.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
65+% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions to include snow, cold and wet. 33% of the workday is spent standing, 33% is spent sitting and 33% is spent walking. Constantly lifting, pushing, and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate amenities. Constantly using and monitoring Zip Line course equipment. Constantly engaged in normal conversation. Constantly handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision. Frequently climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, zipping, tacking, and fingering objects 10+% of the time noise levels reach 75 – 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards and high exposed worksite. Occasional exposure to electrical, burns, radiant energy, and medical hazards.Apply Now