Position Title:Lead Cook
Reports To:AGM and GM of Plaza Restaurants
Department:Food and Beverage
Maintain quality and portion control in all phases of food preparation. Provide leadership and training for the kitchen staff and ensure guest receives a quality product quickly and within cost of sale percentages.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff for menu preparation based on established specifications regarding ingredients and portion control.
- Order inventory through established requisition procedures.
- Assign duties for all kitchen staff.
- Draft, delegate, and complete daily prep lists.
- Control waste and theft through continuous monitoring and training.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness of the kitchen, storage areas and cooking line.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of food preparation and storage, inventory controls, sanitation requirements, commercial kitchen equipment.
- Solid supervisory and interpersonal communication skills. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, judgment, reasoning, aesthetic sense, imagination, patience, persuasiveness, speaking ability, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration and initiative are required mental abilities.
Education of Formal Training: High School diploma of GED preferred.
Experience: Two years food preparation experience required. Kitchen leadership experience preferred.Apply Now