Indoor Attendant – Ski and Snowboard School
Position Title:Indoor Attendant - Ski and Snowboard School
Reports To:Children's Manager - Ski and Snowboard School
Department:Ski and Snowboard School
Organize activities to keep children fed, safe and busy throughout the day. Consider each child’s interests and needs.
- Monitor check-in/check-out of children in The Den
- Record daily food allergies or special diets of children and meet special requirements for each child
- Purchase food and supplies for lesson snacks
- Track and process snack invoices
- Facilitate bathroom breaks whenever necessary or as instructed.
- Prepare the facility for lunch; refer to the child information board for children with special dietary needs; serve lunch; clean up afterwards
- Clean the facility throughout the day
- Clean bathroom area on a daily basis
- Label belongings and assist instructors with children
- Assist children who are not fully toilet trained. Operate washer and dryer as needed
- Notify the supervisor of any concerns for the child’s welfare
- End of the day cleanup of the facility, including cleaning the bathroom, taking out the trash and vacuuming
- Clock in/out on a time-clock
- Arrive on time on scheduled days
- Wear clean and appropriate uniform
Be in attendance during the busy times, i.e. Christmas and Spring Breaks, acknowledging no vacations will be guaranteed at these times.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Portray good judgment and problem solving skills. You must display a great deal of patience.
- Education or Formal Training: A high school degree or GED certificate is required. Current CPR and first aid or the ability to obtain CPR and First Aid before starting work. Understand fire plan and procedures.
- Requirements: Ability to go through background check and fingerprinting, become a Mandatory Reporter
- Experience: Previous childcare or parental experience preferred
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Cleaning supplies, kitchen appliances, diapers, toys
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
90% of the workday is spent indoors. 10% of the time is spent outdoors assisting with children in cold and snow. 20% of the time is spent sitting, 40% walking and 40% standing.
Frequently lifting/carrying children (and belongings) weighing up to 75 pounds. Occasionally pushing/pulling objects up to 25 pounds. Occasionally operate controls (microwave etc.). Frequently stooping, kneeling, reaching, crouching, crawling, and handling objects. Occasionally balancing, fingering and feeling. Constantly engaging in ordinary conversation. Field of vision is necessary. Occasionally use color vision.
Occasional fumes, dusts, mists. Constant odors and poor ventilation. Potential hazards include mechanical, electrical, burns, kicking and biting children (exposure to blood, viruses, and bacteria). This is a non-skiing position.Apply Now