Position Title:HR Director
Reports To:General Manager
Department:D8040 - Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources works as an integral member of the resort’s leadership team, acting as advisor and consultant to the General Manager. The fundamental roles of the HRD are to help the organization meet business goals and objectives, as well as helping each of our employees fulfill their own potential. This position reports directly to the resort GM, with a dotted line reporting relationship to Mountain Capital Partners’ Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Provide leadership consulting and coaching services for all levels of leaders.
- Proactively organize and manage learning opportunities, training sessions and other vehicles to support personal and professional growth.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, organizational structure, and succession planning.
- Act as counsel and guide to managers seeking to assess and evaluate their processes and standards to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Personally drives high operational standards, helping to solve issues through increased training, proper employee placement, and performance management strategies.
- Plan and manage the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes to maintain staffing levels with qualified individuals.
- Ensure hiring managers are well trained to select the best candidates possible.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance and assistance to the leadership team on all HR issues, including workforce talent management, recruitment, employee relations, performance management and legal compliance.
- Work with employees of all levels to resolve their issues by advising management regarding employment law and compliance, coordinating investigations, and recommending the appropriate next steps and/or corrective action.
- Coaching supervisors and managers in managing employee performance issues.
- Support the local execution of MCP programs/communications that will impact our people (i.e., recognition, performance management and development, benefits, etc.)
- Effectively leveraging corporate support for consistency in approach behind implementations and for efficiency in execution.
- Ensures HR processes and procedures are simple, easy to follow, and fulfill the needs of our managers and employees.
- Manages HR team for a high level of customer service, responsiveness, and thorough understanding of the business.
- Translates business priorities into resort-level HR initiatives.
- As part of the MCP Human Resources team, provides input into broader HR solutions, such as HR technology, compensation, benefits, training and development, as well as legal compliance.
The successful candidate will have previous HR management experience in the ski resort, hospitality, or retail industries, experience with a large hourly workforce in a fast-paced service environment and experience with both year round and seasonal workforces.
- Must have at least five years’ experience as an HR Director, managing not only the HR function, but an HR team; and overall HR experience of at least seven years.
- Bachelor’s degree
- PHR (Professional in HR) certification preferred.
- Strong familiarity of Federal and Colorado state employment laws.
- Ability to learn and fully understand the resort’s business context, financial goals, and develop HR solutions that are compatible with business pressures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated ability to perform numerical analysis, provide insight, and move projects into action.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and mediate sensitive and/or confrontational matters.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present all manner of data to all manner of audiences; must be a strong listener.
- Ability to develop strong relationships, developing trust with others.
- Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office and Google products is required.