Reports To:Housekeeping Manager/Rooms Director
All major functions of a houseman. Also to include coordinating duties of houseman for the day and night shifts. Communicate to night houseman anything that is pending from the day shift. Responsibility is to ensure all tasks are finished each day and evening. Proper training of closet stocking to all other houseman. Also to inspect the quantity and quality of their work and give constructive feedback when necessary (training not complaining). Maintaining accountability for yourself and your staff.
- Stock and organize housekeeping closets with cleaning supplies, linens and amenities
- Remove trash and dirty linen from hallways
- Help in laundry, sorting and folding linens
- Continuously remove all trash from properties and dispose of it in the compactors/dumpsters
- Stock all closets with guest supplies
- Assist housekeepers when assigned by supervisor (may include cleaning rooms and doing towel changes)
- Handle guest requests when assigned
- Assist in vacuum maintenance repairs
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety rules
- Stock the firewood bins, deliver to rooms as required and set fireplaces if needed
- Remove snow from rental unit decks if needed
- Assist daily in keeping housekeeping office clean and organized by removing dirty dishes, vacuuming and keeping microwave area spotless
- Assist housekeeping with moving furniture and heavy items as assigned
- Striping rooms upon departures, which includes: Removal of dirty linen, trash, turning heat to proper settings, closing windows, locking doors, and checking for damage to unit
Education/Formal Training: High School Diploma or GED
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Pen and Paper, Radio, Box Cutter, Company vehicle, Hand tool occasionally
Working Environment / Physical Activities: Include working indoors and/or outdoors in inclement weather. Work may involve squatting, reaching, standing on a ladder and reaching over your head, scooting appliances into place, etc. May be required to lift up to 75 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to instruct and share knowledge with other employees. Must have a valid state issued Drivers License. Should possess good communication skills, alertness, precision, reasoning, ingenuity, problem-solving, analytic ability, persuasiveness, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, imagination, patience, auditory and visual skills.