Position Title:Host/ Hostess
Reports To:Assistant Manager/Manager
Department:Food and Beverage
Greet restaurant guests and ensure smooth and efficient seating of guests. Regulate a workable number of tables for each waiter/waitress throughout each shift. Take telephone reservations.
- Greet guests and seat them if seating is available. If seating is not available, put their name on the list and inform them of the amount of time to wait.
- Seat guests and provide menus.
- Handle cash/credit card transactions.
- Rotate table seating, so as not to overload any one waiter/waitress.
- Help with cleaning tables and re-setting tables.
- Help with set-up and closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of sit-down restaurant service.
- Must have a good sense of timing and excellent guest service relations and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to ski intermediate runs.
- Alertness, precision, aesthetic sense, judgement, ingenuity, problem-solving, concentration, persuasiveness, patience, initiative, memory, and reasoning required. Tactile, olfactory, auditory, and visual discrimination necessary.
- Speaking and writing ability.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: One year experience waitperson or host/hostess experience.Apply Now