Guest Services Volunteer
Position Title:Guest Services Volunteer
Reports To:Guest Services Manager
Initiate appropriate conversation and provide willing assistance to guests helping to ensure their positive, lasting experience at Purgatory. Greet incoming guests with a smile and provide guests with desired resort and area information. Be willing to assist in necessary ways to facilitate a smooth flow of guests through the resort. Volunteers are the boots-on-the-ground workforce of the guest services department and will be busy assisting guests on and off the mountain.
- Be proactive in approaching our resort guests
- Work a shift for 10 days throughout the season as a volunteer
- Be willing to assist other mountain departments wherever needed for as long as needed
- Bring guests with complaints/problems to Guest Services Staff so they can assist in problem solving
- Collect lost and found from designated locations and return the items to guest services staff
- Provide information on skiing and non-skiing activities
- Provide information on local area restaurants and other available activities
- Interact with all guests both in the village and on the mountain
- Provide direction and assistance to guests to make sure they feel attended and cared for
- Participate in ensuring that all guests receive a quality experience while visiting Purgatory Resort
- Help with special events.
- Assist guests with directions and recommendations
- Ride the chairlift and have conversations with guests
- Assist fallen skiers and snowboarders
- For specific “station” assignments, see guest service manager or staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Volunteers provide black pants and a helmet for skiing or snowboarding.
- A jacket, black hat, and nametag will be provided and must be worn at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help
- Must be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate ability level or better
- This position requires applicants to remain alert, sit, stand, and ski or snowboard for the duration of the ten hour shift.
- Applicants must be able to listen to guests and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Applicants must demonstrate initiative, reasoning skills, a professional demeanor, and ethical judgment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
- Approximately 90% of the work day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions which include severe cold, snow, blowing snow, and wet weather.
- Approximately 10% is spent indoors.
- 60% of the time is spent standing and/or moving and up to 40% skiing or snowboarding on the mountain with guests.
- May require occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and handling of large and small objects.
- Constantly engaging in conversation
The potential hazards also include high altitude, exposed worksites, radiant energy, frostbite, and walking in ski or snowboard boots in winter environments.Apply Now