General Manager – Motel Durango
Position Title:General Manager - Motel Durango
As the General Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Motel, including Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Security. You’ll also be responsible for accomplishing performance objectives focused on driving sales and profitability, guest and associate satisfaction, and ensuring that our internal standards are met.
- Support ownership in the overall management and direction of the property, and the implementation of goals and strategies associated with the property.
- Revenue generation through top line sales and revenue management controls.
- Drive the sales culture in the motel through active involvement in the sales process, ensuring that sales goals are appropriately aggressive.
- Financial success of the property through proper expense control.
- Establish goals, measurements, and action plans for the property teams, and providing the training, support, and accountability required to enable the team to meet established goals.
- Oversee the operations of the property.
- Project management for renovations and property improvements, including budget control and contractor oversight.
- Make key decisions and oversee execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve desired results.
- Ensuring that guest and staff concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Leading and supporting staff in the achievement of financial and operational goals through the establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy and procedural implementation.
- Create/manage the operational budget for the property to include revenue, payroll, departmental and fixed expenses.
- Ensure that accurate monthly forecast of revenues, expenses and GOP are produced and communicated to the team.
- Ensure that staffing levels for the property are at optimal levels.
- Interview, hire, coach and train team members.
- Evaluate team performance and take appropriate action as needed to hold team members accountable.
- Set goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication within the property.
The minimum requirements of this position are as follows:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a leader; hospitality experience preferred.
- Proven track record in delivering financial results.
- Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.